Registers of Waffen-SS Officers from KTBs

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
John P. Moore

Re: Registers of Waffen-SS Officers from KTBs

Post by John P. Moore » 23 May 2011, 20:27

Thank you Rossano. According to the Personalakte of Wilfried Schwarz he was transferred from the "Hohenstaufen" to the staff of the II.SS-Panzer Korps on 3.7.1944 where he remained until 2.1.1945 as part of his training as a general staff officer. However, the recommendation for his DKiG from December 1944 says that Schwarz was acting Ia of the "Hohenstaufen" in September 1944. What he did after that can't be confirmed from his personnel file. There are examples of SS legal officers holding positions in other branches, even the infantry.

John

Rossano

Post by Rossano » 23 May 2011, 21:12

Thanks John. Was v.Locquenghien the last Div.IIa (in this case who was the last Div.III ?) ? But as in the div.history Schwarz is reported IIa until 45(May?),was maybe v.Locq. IIa for a short period(from/to?) only or maybe is v.Locq. as IIa in "Your" list simply a mistake ? Bye Rossano
N.B.: also according to K. Mehner Schwarz was 2.43-3.45 in the Division. P.S.: any further lists (soon) coming ?

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 24 May 2011, 01:06

I just had a look through the Personalackte of v. Locquenghien. One of the latest documents in his file is a fitness report from 10.10.1944 by his division commander. The report says v. Locquenghien was IIa of the "Hohenstaufen" at that time. A document from 18.12.1944 signed by v. Locquenghien gives his position as Division Adjutant of the "Hohenstaufen". An earlier fitness report from 8.6.1944 gives his positon as 04 staff officer of the "Hohenstaufen", a position that he held since May 1943 when he was transferred to the division as O.O. There is a transfer order from January 1944 ordering v. Locquenghien to the "Totenkopf" division as a platoon leader with the rank of SS-Oberscharführer where Himmler wanted a report on the man after he had spent one year at the front. That order, which I'm sure came as an unwelcome surpise to v. Locquenghien, was later cancelled and probably motivated v. Locquenghien to excel in his duties on the division staff.
Earlier in the war v. Locquenghien had been an SS legal officer.

John

Rossano

Post by Rossano » 24 May 2011, 10:16

hi John, it's surprising how You are so "good equipped" with documents (by the way, are You going to post new ones/lists ?). Thanks for Your professional reply. So all in all v.Locq. as IIa (from the list dated 1.3.45) seems to be correct (maybe/possible until May ?). By the way, if not v.Locq. who was III (Div.Richter) 2.44-5.45 ? I wonder why in the lists from the book div.history v.Locq. is reported to be 44/45 III and Schwarz 43/45 IIa....(where do these div.lists in the book come from ? How are such mistakes possible ?). Dear John, allow me pls. one separate question, i.e. is Your branch speciality the Waffen-SS (lists) only, or Allgemeine-SS and Police(lists) too, or possibly even "das deutsche Heer/Army"(lists) too ? I am "specialized" in roster/Stellenbesetzung(9.39-5.45 only) of german Army(no Kriegsmarine, no Luftwaffe), plus (as secondary branch) Waffen-+Allgem.-SS and Police. Any help from an expert like You would be most appreciated. Regards, Rossano

alexl

Post by alexl » 05 Jul 2011, 20:28

Lots of thx John for your excelent Job.
Read thru the list of the ss-kav-rgt.-Schwadrons with full concentration.
But somehow could find the name "List Georg ssnr. 161 767". Must have been
Hschf in ´42 (Jan-Hendrik told me lately).
Later on he was Ostf. in the ss-kav. A.u.E. Abt.8. (´44)
Could you help me out of my miserable situation of less knowledge.
If you need a good pic of him, just let me know.
by so far ...alex

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 05 Jul 2011, 20:51

Thank you Alexl. I believe that this is the man who you are looking for

List, Georg, Ostuf. born 17. 5.13 in Irlbach, SS Nr161 767, SS-Kav.AuE.Abt. 10.44
Hscha., Kav.Rgt.1 in 4.42

alexl

Post by alexl » 05 Jul 2011, 21:16

Yes exactly.
Oh didn´I mention, that he was my grandpa.
Just found out what he ment with "Tattersaal", that he was leeding over a certain period (not sure).
Must have been the one in Haagen/ Westfalen that was also led by von charpentier.
Would you be so kind to give me some more Detaill information about his vita.
I just dont know enough, to tell my kids and grandchildren.
What i know, is what he told when i was little, that he liked jump - riding and was part of the german team
around the Fegeleins. I still have a trophy of the ´41 Fegelein-Turnament in Warschau.
If u like a pic, u´ll get it by email.
Alex

alexl

Post by alexl » 11 Jul 2011, 23:13

Hello John,
very exciting lists about the contellation of the kavallerie in 39.
Would it be asked too much, to complete the lists with the schwadrons
4 and 7. I expect my grandpa (see above) to be in those. WAst told me,
he was in the sskavrgt. at the 20th of Okt. 39. WAst gave no further detail-information.
It would be great to get.
John, google has !no hits! with the expression: "SS-Berittmachungsstaffel" (source letter
from WAst), in whith my granny was serving from mid42 to end43. Did you allready
stumbled upon it. It should be of interest for other forummembers too.
Thax alot sofar.
alexl

alexl

Post by alexl » 11 Jul 2011, 23:32

here my granny

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 16 Jul 2011, 07:34

Alexl - Thanks for posting the photo of your grandfather. You can find more information about the history of his division and what he may have experienced though the very good veteran publications of Hans Otto Wachter. You can find a detailed description here-

http://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewtopic ... er#p231145

Charles Trang and Mark Yerger have both written objective books about the SS Kavallerie and are both recommended.

Mark Yerger, "Riding East" published by Schiffer
Charles Trang, "The Florian Geyer Division". published by Heimdal

John

alexl

Post by alexl » 23 Jul 2011, 12:35

Thanks John.
Allready contacted Mr Wachter and had a very nice conversation with him.
He was pretty much interested in the expression/union "Berittmachungsstaffel". Even he had never
heard anything of that before.
Guess i have to get the personalakte first of all to support him with some new material.

so long...alexl

alexl

Post by alexl » 03 Sep 2011, 12:44

Dear John,
had a look in his after war sentence in our regional archive.
He told court that he was in the riding school göttingen weende 05.40 till end of war?
He must have lied, cause this school opened ´44. So confusing...what a puzzle.
Your info: "List, Georg, Ostuf. born 17. 5.13 in Irlbach, SS Nr161 767, SS-Kav.AuE.Abt. 10.44
Hscha., Kav.Rgt.1 in 4.42"
Could you tell me, if this riding school göttingen was part of the ss-kav.AuE.Abt and if was there
10.44 as a teacher or pupil?
Do you have the Schwadron he was in 4.42?

Here is the pic of the trophy from Warschau 41 (fegelein-tournament) like i told you.
http://i56.tinypic.com/nwyhja.jpg

Many thanks....alexl

Sandy D

Post by Sandy D » 22 Apr 2012, 05:35

Hello, the following line is from the Engineer Division of Prinz Eugen Waffen-SS (on page 22 of this post)

"Blees, Michael Ostuf. 1.7.42 Banat 20.9.42 E.Btl.Pan?????"

This is my grandfather, and is also the only information I have been able to find so far about his time in Prinz Eugen.
My questions :
1) What do the words and abbreviations mean, exactly?
2) Where could I find more information about him?

Thanks!

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 22 Apr 2012, 11:01

Hi Sandy, I see its´your first post here so welcome to the Axis History Forum!

To your first question:
Name: Blees Michael
DOB: empty = unknown
Issued from the Banat on July 1st, 1942 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banat)
Transfered on September 29th, 1942 to the E.Btl. Pantschowa (replacement training battalion in Pantschowa). Nowadays called Pančevo, a city near belgrade in Serbia.

To your second request:
Try WAst.
http://www.dd-wast.de/frame_e.htm

Regards,
Roman

Sandy D

Post by Sandy D » 23 Apr 2012, 01:51

Hi Roman, thank you for your welcome and quick reply.

I was going to try dd-wast, but the family history is that he was killed by Tito's partisans in his home village (I think Perlez) in 1944, so I'm not sure if he was still in the army then. I have found a paragraph online that says the oldest and youngest recruits were released from Prinz Eugen in December 1942 and January 1943. He was born 15/6/1982 so he would have been one of the oldest, I think. And that could explain why he was killed in his home village. Is that likely?

My search is just beginning. So far I have ordered a couple of books about Prinz Eugen. My ultimate goal is to find out exactly where and when he died, and if there is any grave/mass grave/memorial.

Thanks again. Here is a picture of him.
5.jpg

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”