Bronze Anti-Partisan Badge

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Romulus

Bronze Anti-Partisan Badge

Post by Romulus » 21 Nov 2002 21:24

I can get a nice deal for this. Seller seems reputable but just wanted to run it by the experts around here since these aren't neccessarily my area of expertise. What do all of you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Romulus on 21 Nov 2002 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

Romulus

Post by Romulus » 21 Nov 2002 21:28

back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan Poon

Post by Bryan Poon » 22 Nov 2002 09:11

Hi

I will not add it to my collection.

BP

Matt Gibbs

Twist

Post by Matt Gibbs » 22 Nov 2002 15:54

I can't quite tell from the picture of there is the characteristic sword hilt twist to this example, can you confirm it..?
Also, I am not entirely happy about the catch. I am still learning a lot about these awards but something doesn't look right, maybe someone else will come in on this..? It the large type hinge compatable with this type of 'c' catch..?
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Matt Gibbs

Twist

Post by Matt Gibbs » 22 Nov 2002 15:54

I can't quite tell from the picture of there is the characteristic sword hilt twist to this example, can you confirm it..?
Also, I am not entirely happy about the catch. I am still learning a lot about these awards but something doesn't look right, maybe someone else will come in on this..? It the large type hinge compatable with this type of 'c' catch..? I would actually be a bit leery of any dealers "bargain" Anti Partisan badge!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Raz

Post by Raz » 22 Nov 2002 16:15

There indeed doesn't appear to be a twist to the hilt with this one, when looked from the reverse you can see how thin the metal is in this region with very thin side walls of equal thickness on both sides of the swastika.

How about the 3 cutouts? I'm not sure about this feature.

I will always be most comfortable with semi hollow APB's that have the characteristics of the silver example below and with only 2 cutouts.
Last edited by Raz on 07 Jan 2003 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Macmedal

Post by Macmedal » 24 Nov 2002 00:32

Raz

I have to agree. I do not like APB's with three cut outs. I remember Ben Fanjoy allegedly bought such an item from Helmut Weitz I believe.

He proceeded to post it on every further Anti Partisan Post. I was never personally happy with his as it had three cut outs. I prefer to stick to the twisted hilt types with two cut outs.

I am not saying for definite that this hollow backed three cut out type is wrong but I personally do not like them.

Nick

Matt Gibbs

Cut outs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 24 Nov 2002 00:50

I think on every forum I have looked upon there has been this discussion about cut outs.
I suppose with no verifying paperwork it will always be hard to be 100% sure what is right or wrong.
If, as is supposed, AGMuK were responsible for this award type then being a combine it might be possible for the variations to exist...? Especially when you look at the combination of catches and the long and short barrelled hinges.
I do recall reading somewhere that it is possible that four cut outs could be good but this was a while ago and I can't remember if it was this forum or another! I will be looking in my notes to check. Can anyone else recall..?
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Tony Barto
In memoriam

Post by Tony Barto » 25 Nov 2002 19:07

I believe this particular piece was discussed over on the Wehrmacht-Awards.com forum. I personally would not add this piece to my collection but that is my personal opinion. Raz's piece I have absolutely no problem with.

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 25 Nov 2002 23:50

Here is the example I purchased from Weitze:

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 26 Nov 2002 00:33

Here are some better scans.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 26 Nov 2002 19:23

Benjamin Fanjoy wrote:Here is the example I purchased from Weitze:
No offence intended, but is that not the one you said you bought from Kai Winkler in this thread: http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... php?t=4717

/Marcus

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 26 Nov 2002 20:28

Marcus wrote:
No offence intended, but is that not the one you said you bought from Kai Winkler in this thread: http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... php?t=4717
Yes it is. What is your point?

I just wanted to show Romulus my example, if he had not already seen it before.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 26 Nov 2002 20:31

Benjamin Fanjoy wrote:Marcus wrote:
Yes it is. What is your point?
I'm just curious why you said you bought it from Weitze in this thread and that you bought it from Kai Winkler in that thread.
Benjamin Fanjoy wrote:I just wanted to show Romulus my example, if he had not already seen it before.
Is your use of bold letters ment to indicate that you think no one but Romulus is allowed to view or comment on your post?

/Marcus

Benjamin Fanjoy
Banned

Post by Benjamin Fanjoy » 26 Nov 2002 20:40

I'm just curious why you said you bought it from Weitze in this thread and that you bought it from Kai Winkler in that thread.
I apologize Marcus, my error.

Is your use of bold letters ment to indicate that you think no one but Romulus is allowed to view or comment on your post?
The rest of the members on this thread have already seen the badge I posted, I assumed Romulus did not. He was asking about the 3-three cut design APB, so I posted it for him to compare and add to his referance.

Return to “Axis Awards”