Reichsleiter Dr. Robert Ley

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Helly Angel

Re: Reichsleiter Dr. Robert Ley

Post by Helly Angel » 02 Jan 2022, 07:44

And this is a beautiful Ley´s autograph and look like real

You can buy it here:

https://www.iberlibro.com/servlet/BookD ... -_-title17

I´m not the seller and no relation.
Attachments
30910881876.jpg

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Jan 2022, 15:37

Thanks Helly,

505.00,- Euro for a Robert Ley Signature, that is a house number, measured against the fact, that a signature of Hitler still in the 1970s, on the postcard of a youth hostel of the Hitler Youth was sold for less than 100, - German marks.

I remember a scrapbook of a Hitler Youth member, who had collected more than 120 signed postcards of then Knight's Cross holders in an album.
Along with some letter replies and envelopes, that the boy received back before 1945.

2500,- Deutsche Mark was the asking price for the album at that time, a lot of money in the early 1970s. :wink:
Nowadays a pocket money, alone the answer letter of Otto Skorzeny with his signature would be worth a fortune today...

That's how it was 50 years ago, those days are gone, but who am I telling... :wink:

Ley: https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:R ... nature.svg

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

JoeW
Financial supporter

Reichsleiter Dr. Robert Ley Awards

Post by JoeW » 07 Jun 2022, 06:25

Does anyone have a listing of the awards of Reichsleiter Ley? This photo of him in his Reichsleiter uniform shows a number of his awards such as the Blood Order, the Gold Party Badge, the WWI Observers Badge, the Golden HJ, KVK I o/swords, the Riders Badge and WWI wound badge. But on his tie, Ley seems to be using the Golden Ehrennadel of the Musterbetriebe (Model Factory). I was not aware that he was associated with any recognized factories, or was it a case of rank having the privilege of wearing the pin? But a second photo of him in DAF uniform also shows the Ehrennadel used as a tie pin.
Ley Ehrennadel.JPG
Ley Ehrennadel.JPG (174.03 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Attachments
Ley Ehrennadel on tie.jpg

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Jun 2022, 13:23

Hi JoeW,

I think, the second photo of Ley was a simple tie pin (Krawattennadel) that all members of the DAF Deutsche Arbeitsfront (German Labor Front) were allowed to wear with the uniform at that time.

Number 10 in the attached imgage.

Hans
Attachments
DAF Abzeichen Krawattennadel.jpg
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 07 Jun 2022, 19:42

Hi Hans,
Perhaps you are correct. So in the second photo, would the chief of the DAF who is wearing the uniform of an Oberst-Werkscharführer choose to wear the common membership pin available in aluminum or nickle or silver plated with his uniform having aluminum color buttons, or the nicer looking gold Ehernnadel that would match his gold colored whistle cord? I guess only a close-up of the pin will reveal the answer. Thank you for your input.
RLCI-051-1.jpg
RLCI-051-1.jpg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 578 times
But does anyone have award records for Ley?
Last edited by JoeW on 08 Jun 2022, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Jun 2022, 20:01

What you call "Ehrennadel" is not known to me so far, sorry...

No Idea so far, sorry...

Hans

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 09 Jun 2022, 03:41

I apologize for my forgetfulness. There is no difference between the swastikas of the two pins. I corrected my post above. But the quality and finish between the gold Ehrennadel and the stardard membership pin is visually obvious to me. Here is a link on another forum about the Ehrennadel, as has bot been discussed on the Awards section of this forum.
https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums ... in-8k-gold

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Re: Reichsleiter Dr. Robert Ley Awards

Post by Michael Miller » 09 Jun 2022, 14:51

JoeW wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 06:25
Does anyone have a listing of the awards of Reichsleiter Ley? This photo of him in his Reichsleiter uniform shows a number of his awards such as the Blood Order, the Gold Party Badge, the WWI Observers Badge, the Golden HJ, KVK I o/swords, the Riders Badge and WWI wound badge. But on his tie, Ley seems to be using the Golden Ehrennadel of the Musterbetriebe (Model Factory). I was not aware that he was associated with any recognized factories, or was it a case of rank having the privilege of wearing the pin? But a second photo of him in DAF uniform also shows the Ehrennadel used as a tie pin.

Ley Ehrennadel.JPG
Here is the award listing for Ley assembled by myself and Andreas Schulz (for Gauleiter, Volume 2).
He probably received more, particularly from foreign nations; I hope to find out before I take another stab at him in Leaders of the Storm Troops, Volume 2.

Best wishes,
~ Mike
Attachments
Ley Awards.JPG

JoeW
Financial supporter

Post by JoeW » 09 Jun 2022, 17:27

Thank you Mike. I see he received the NSBO Ehrennadel from Sauckel. I would bet he gave himself the golden Ehrennadel of the Musterbetriebe.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 10 Jun 2022, 15:26

Hi JoeW,

the pin you mentioned was offered by a german miltaria dealer before:
(Please see attached screenshot)

I have no access to the photos, as an non registered customer.
(For some reasons, I never "register" in such webshops...)

665,- Euro, thats a number... :roll:

Hans
P.S. Interesting topic, you never stop learning...
Attachments
DAF Abzeichen Musterbetriebe in Gold.PNG

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”