Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran! ("Vorwärts! Vorwärts!" schmettern die hellen Fanfaren...)

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
xscharfschutzex

Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran! ("Vorwärts! Vorwärts!" schmettern die hellen Fanfaren...)

Post by xscharfschutzex » 06 Dec 2007 03:51

Please, ive been looking for this song, without any luck, i need it for a cinema project about WWII...

Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran...

I tried downloading from several pages but i just need 3 variants with a good quality, not excellent of course...

PLEASE HELP ME!

cheers...

[Topic renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

Sdt

Post by Sdt » 06 Dec 2007 19:26

Top quality -well at least with my computer hehe- with Erwin Hartung as main singer accompanied by a choir
http://rofl.tonsite.biz/HJ.mp3

von thoma

ID German March

Post by von thoma » 14 May 2019 22:06

I need help with this german march
Mainly its title, It's Hitler Youth's official hymn ?
Thanks for your help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDMu4QylVRQ
Last edited by von thoma on 14 May 2019 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: ID German March

Post by Ivan Ž. » 14 May 2019 23:46

Hello, von thoma

Correct, it is the HJ anthem, "Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran!" It's a 1933 "Grammophon" recording by Stabskapelle der Hitlerjugend & Gebietsspielschar Berlin, conducted by the composer, Hans-Otto Borgmann.

Cheers,
Ivan

PS
The thread has been merged with an older thread dealing with the same song.

von thoma

Re: Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran! ("Vorwärts! Vorwärts!" schmettern die hellen Fanfaren...)

Post by von thoma » 18 May 2019 10:52

Thanks for the help Ivan

Also it sounds but in a different version in the film
"Hitlerjunge Quex", by Hans Steinhoff, or even
in "Triumph des Willens", by Leni Riefenstahl
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

NSPianist

Re: Uns're Fahne flattert uns voran! ("Vorwärts! Vorwärts!" schmettern die hellen Fanfaren...)

Post by NSPianist » 12 May 2020 05:10

Hello,

This is gonna be an interesting one. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on a Japanese recording of this song? I've only heard it twice, sounded legit and from the correct time period. Instead of 'Unsere Fahne flattert uns voran', the lyrics in Japanese were 'Hirameku wa ga hata yo'. I remember seeing something about this recording in Japanese somewhere years ago, but now I can't locate it at all. I believe the recording was made due to close ties to Germany. A similar Japanese version of 'Giovinezza' or 'Hitlerleute' was also made, can't seem to find that at all anymore either.

Randomly thought of that due to the quiz question I brought up.

Thanks!

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 12 May 2020 11:05

Hello,

I've liked the lively Japanese version very much, but my lack of knowledge of the Japanese language prevents me from finding more info on it. I've only managed to find out that the singer was (apparently) Ryozo Okuda, 1938 (info from a YouTube channel, I wasn't able to check how accurate it is). If there's any knowledgeable Japanese (or other) record collector/researcher reading this, please feel free to join the discussion and shed some light on this interesting recording.

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”