Heider Heydrich

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
Scanderbeg

Post by Scanderbeg » 04 Jan 2003, 12:33

Sorry for being a bit off-topic here,
The Germans erected a monument to Heydrich which was torn down by the Czechs in 1945. Hitler granted Lina, Heydrich's widow, heavily pregnant at the time of his death, the estate at Panenske Brezany, and she ended her days as a hotel keeper on the island of Fehmarn. As for Heydrich's children, Klaus was killed after being run over by a truck in 1943. Heider, the eldest, was either a member of the Hitler Youth and killed fighting the Russians in Berlin at the close of the war, or he survived the war and along with his mother, Lina, and two sisters. Further information is welcomed.
source: http://www.elsham.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/prague.html
So does anybody know what happened to Heider?

Thanks in advance,
Besian

Translator

Post by Translator » 04 Jan 2003, 13:17

Besian,

I posted this a couple of days ago; perhaps you missed it; it's on the thread about Heydrich's alleged Jewish ancestry:

"I personally knew Heydrich's nephew, Heider Heydrich of Koeln. I met Heider Heydrich when he lived in the US from about 1985-95. His father (Reinhard Heydrich's only brother) was an officer in an infantry regiment and was allegedly KIA in the East shortly following the assassination of his brother. The nephew informed me that his father had actually committed suicide at the insistence of higher authority (something about "lines of succession"). At any rate, Heider Heydrich (who passed away in 1995 and who by the way was a "dead ringer" for his uncle, looks-wise) once told me that the family had a "standing joke" relating to the "Jewish ancestry" of his younger brother, who dark-complexioned with a full head of very curly, dark hair. Of course, this was simply a family joke; Heider Heydrich admitted of NO Jewish ancestry in his family."

Now, this is the story that was given to me, "straight from the horse's mouth", so to speak. However, it is possible that Reinhard Heydrich's brother was a myth invented to protect one of his sons. I can accept that, if it's the truth. Heider Heydrich left Europe and moved to the U.S. because, in part, of adverse publicity; he arrived in Denver, Colorado ca. 1985 and straightaway I walked into the sandwich shop he was running, struck up a conversation and immediately asked "the question" about his surname! You can well imagine how "floored" he was. After he related the story of his family to me, I told him I would never reveal "who" he was to anyone while he lived in the States. Heider Heydrich passed away in 1995 at the age of 58; he'd told me he was eight years old in 1945. Heider Heydrich was the antithesis of his "uncle"; he was unassuming and humorous as opposed to arrogant and ruthless. Regardless of his parentage, I called him a friend.

Translator

Post by Translator » 04 Jan 2003, 23:26

Besian,

So no one thinks I'm trying to scam them, I attach a photo (of a photo) of Heyder Heydrich, pretty much as I knew him. This photo would have been taken in the early 1980s. You can draw your own conclusions regarding "family resemblance".
Attachments
heider_heydrich_one.JPG
heider_heydrich_one.JPG (60.95 KiB) Viewed 30382 times

Walter Schellenberg

Post by Walter Schellenberg » 08 Jan 2003, 12:21

Extremelly interesting, translator !

Very interesting photo also - although i fail to see any family ressemblance, except the lips and the smile perhaps.

e seems a cool guy indeed - not the same cold - sarcastic Heydrich-smile that terrorised eveyrbody lol.

The quote is yourself ? i mean the one who met him in US, was it you personnaly ?

If so, did you guys talk about other Heydrich related topics ? For exmeple did he knew his uncle as a child, or did his father talk to him about his brother's childhood and theiur relationship etc.. ?

Lastly: is the man still alive ?

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 08 Jan 2003, 15:49

Quote of Translator:
it is possible that Reinhard Heydrich's brother was a myth invented to protect one of his sons. I can accept that, if it's the truth
Hmmm....Potential Parents, Reinhard and Lina:

Image...Image

From: http://www.czeckitout.com/ reinhard_heydrich.htm and http://www.fpp.co.uk/bookchapters/ Eichmann/Intro.html

Translator

Post by Translator » 08 Jan 2003, 16:33

Walter,

Actually, the resemblance is stronger with a profile view; the prominence of the nose is easier to spot that way. I think there is a strong resemblance, although this photo may not show it (it's actually a very good photo of Heider, probably his best). Yes, I knew him personally. When I first had him over for dinner at my house, he noticed a book I had on my shelf - a biography of Reinhard Heydrich with a large photo of Heydrich on the front cover - and asked me to give it to him. I complied. Thinking back on this incident, I imagine he did not want me to find out about his "true" parentage (in case the book said something about it). Heider Heydrich was a "man on the run" for the majority of his adult life; he certainly paid a price for his father's notoreity. He passed away from complications of lung disease at an early age in 1995. For a number of years, Heyder Heydrich worked for the record company EMI in Europe; he was a lover of classical music and had the largest collection of classical recordings I have ever seen. He was also a poet and writer; I have a collection of his poems that was published in a very limited edition by a good friend of his. Heyder's favorite animal was "der Igel" (the Hedgehog); he owned dozens of little ceramic and metal hedgehogs, and even wrote a musical children's story about a little hedgehog which was almost published. I once met Heider's older sister Inge, as well as his mother. The youngest brother's name (as I recall) is either Dieter or Peter. Heider and I did have one or two discussions about WWII and the "final solution", but I will save his sentiments about these things for a subsequent posting.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 19 Nov 2007, 15:36

Just read somewhere that Heider Heydrich
died July 2007.

Is this correct or did he actually pass away 1995 as
stated in this thread?

Thanks

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 19 Nov 2007, 16:26

Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 19 Nov 2007, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 19 Nov 2007, 16:32

Thankyou.

That clears it up if the information is correct.

:)

lohengrin

Post by lohengrin » 20 Nov 2007, 16:23

Annalie,

Here are two more links for your info:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... r+heydrich

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... r+heydrich

The Heydrich mentined by Translator is surly NOT a son of RH.

Clara

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 20 Nov 2007, 16:40

Thankyou lohengrin. for the links. I see I responded in one of them.
It came up somewhere so I had to clear it up.

Your correct that the person Translator mentions is NOT the son of Heydrich.

Why do people assume identities not their own?
Its beyond me? It certainly causes confusion.

Annelie

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 20 Nov 2007, 16:42

Addendum.

Is it possible to find the family line which includes Aunts/Uncles
cousins somewhere on line that does not invade their privacy?

Thankyou

Silke

Post by Silke » 21 Nov 2007, 23:46

Dieter Zinke wrote:Heider Heydrich died 03.07.2007

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Heydrich
Hi Dieter,

looks like Heider Heydrich, Reinhard Heydrich´s son, is still alive, though.
Have a look at these articles in German on the Betriebsrentner association´s yearly conference held on September 7th, 2007.
http://www.betriebsrentner.de/36.html
In the article from the Landsberger Tageblatt Heider Heydrich is mentioned as the Chairman of the Betriebsrentner association and also appears on a photograph that has been taken at the meeting.
The info at wikipedia must be wrong.

Best regards,

Silke

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 22 Nov 2007, 00:22

Indeed, this seems to be a proof.

Dieter Z.

histgame
Banned

Post by histgame » 22 Nov 2007, 20:59

Don’t wake the sleeping dog (duck)…
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=144280

…. And don’t abuse your knowledge about the GeschäftsGangsterFührer!
http://www.nachdenkseiten.de/cms/upload ... stritt.pdf

hg

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”