Polonia Restituta Medal

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
3mk

Polonia Restituta Medal

Postby 3mk » 17 Aug 2008 16:10

Hi im looking foward to buy a Polonia Restituta medal for 59 canadian dollars and im wondering am i getting a good deal also is 27 canadian dollars a good price to buy a Polish minature red cross medal that has a eagle with a crown?Also is there a way to know if its fake/replica or not?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Polonia Restituta Medal

Postby John G. » 18 Aug 2008 18:37

3mk,
As with most "Eastern European" National awards (Pre-Communist Gov. types, that is)....the problem now is that nearly all are being reinstituted and remanurfactured.....and many available for "resale" (either officially or illegally) so the problem is determining what vintage you're Polonia Restituta Medal is (& what class, actually).....and even with the older versions, whether it's Polish made or English-made (Gov. in Exile).

However, for $59.00Canada.....I'd expect it's a "new" version.....the Red Cross miniture is too subjective to venture a guess value-wise.....but probably not a bad deal if it's "good quality".

If it turns out your PR medal is an early Polish version you've gotten an excellent buy, if it's a modern version you're paying about the going rate.....I can't tell you what to look for, not an expert on Polish militaria, but quality and age are usually evident....the new stuff seldom is of the quality of the original......
Hope this helps alittle....
John G.

3mk

Re: Polonia Restituta Medal

Postby 3mk » 18 Aug 2008 20:54

Thanks John i think im not going to buy it scince im going to Poland next year and all the militaria theres cheaper.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”