Bismarck's use of "ausrotten"

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Hanny
Banned

Re: Bismarck's use of "ausrotten"

Post by Hanny » 17 Nov 2010, 00:14

David Thompson wrote:Hanny -- The link works fine, but I'm not seeing the quote from Ms. Lipstadt.
I apologise, i was working up the post, sorry for confusion, iirc that comes from Irvings site rather than a Edu resource,and is one of his cliams rejected by the court.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 17 Nov 2010, 00:15

Hanny -- I used the search function already. A search for "Lipstadt" doesn't show the quote, and after I took your suggestion and searched for "vergasen," I still didn't see Ms. Lipstadt saying that "the word 'vergasen' exclusively is used for Gas chambers and does not exist elsewhere."

Later -- Thanks for the acknowledgement, Hanny.

Hanny
Banned

Post by Hanny » 17 Nov 2010, 00:20

David Thompson wrote:Hanny -- I used the search function already. A search for "Lipstadt" doesn't show the quote, and after I took your suggestion and searched for "vergasen," I still didn't see Ms. Lipstadt saying that "the word 'vergasen' exclusively is used for Gas chambers and does not exist elsewhere."

Later -- Thanks for the acknowledgement, Hanny.
I was going the other way, the term was used in Irvings trail, and the expert witnesses explained the historical texts contents, Irving claimed Lipstadt did what she did not do, on a website, i just went about showing this is wrong another way.
http://www.hdot.org/en/trial/defense/va ... en#page634 Essentialy its a linguistic argumnent that the court found, against! :D :D :P
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 17 Nov 2010, 04:07

Two unsourced opinion posts from SashaWa, which added nothing of informational value to the thread, were removed by this moderator - DT.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”