Walther 9mm

Discussions on the small arms used by the Axis forces.
Dan

Walther 9mm

Post by Dan » 19 Apr 2002, 16:17

Useless trivia, but interesting. I just heard that the pistol Robert Blake used to kill his wife was a "World War 2 vintage hand gun, a Walther 9mm".

Kim

Post by Kim » 19 Apr 2002, 16:49

Hopefully the anti-gun zealots won't deem it necessary to start a large scale investigation about the horrible abundance of these dangerous weapons from the evil past. I'm afraid the poor old P-38 is about to go from a fine military sidearm to a nutty actors murder weapon. {In the U.S. media anyhow} Kim

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 19 Apr 2002, 17:39

Kim, You make a very good point. I agree with you.

Zapfenstreich

We'll Have To Wait And See

Post by Zapfenstreich » 19 Apr 2002, 21:43

Kim wrote:Hopefully the anti-gun zealots won't deem it necessary to start a large scale investigation about the horrible abundance of these dangerous weapons from the evil past. I'm afraid the poor old P-38 is about to go from a fine military sidearm to a nutty actors murder weapon. {In the U.S. media anyhow} Kim
It'll depend on what kind of spin the yellow press wants to put on it. For years they've been trying to convince John Q Citizen that semi-automatic carbines are (Drum roll and echo chamber please) ASSAULT RIFLES!!!! Here where I live, the left wing city council, under the guidance of our local yellow sheet (we're a one newspaper town), finally ended up defining assault rifles as any center fire weapon capable of accepting a box magazine with a capacity greater than ten rounds. This included, of course,
the old WWII M1 carbine that I own, so I became a criminal. Now for a rhetorical question. Since that carbine was sold directly to me by the Government of the United States, is the Federal Government complicit in my criminal activity?

Z

Ken Jasper
In memoriam

Post by Ken Jasper » 19 Apr 2002, 22:03

Of course if the press tries to portray the P-38 as an inexpensive war surplus firearm readily available to any and all, we can point to the models currently being offered by Mitchell's in California for $2,000! Hardy a Saturday night special!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 19 Apr 2002, 22:22

Off topic.

Return to “Small Arms”