books on Carinhall needed pls

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Michele Gibson

books on Carinhall needed pls

Post by Michele Gibson » 17 Mar 2003, 06:50

Can anyone help with books that are specific to Hermann Goerings house, Carinhall please?
I very much wish to purchase a book by Andreas Kittler, called "Hermann Goerings Carinhall, der waldhof in der schorfheide" . It is in German text, but that is not a problem.
Other books on Carinhall are also of interest.
regards
Michele

Heraklit

Hermann Görings Carinhall

Post by Heraklit » 17 Mar 2003, 16:38

A used copy of the work by Kittler you are seeking may be purchased at http://www.abebooks.com/ for a very modest price.

I have used Abebooks on numerous occasions and their service has been excellent.

The work was orginally published in 1997 by Druffel-Verlag, Am Kreuzanger 8, 82335 Berg, Germany.

I purchased it new from Versandbuchhandlung Grabert, Postfach 1629, 72006 Tübingen, Germany, shortly after it was published. There is a possibility it is now out-of-print.

Michele Gibson

Hermann Gorings Carinhall books

Post by Michele Gibson » 19 Mar 2003, 09:21

Heraklit,
Many thanks for your help. I will try and buy the book new, but if not will do through ABE.
thanks again
Michele

Heraklit

Carin Göring

Post by Heraklit » 22 Mar 2003, 04:15

A biography entitled Carin Göring written by her sister, Countess Fanny von Wilamowitz-Moellendorff, in 1933, might be of interest . This work has not been published in English. Several copies were still available last year through abebooks.com.

The book is somewhat of a panegyric to the memory of a mystical, idealistic beauty who deeply touched the lives of those who knew her. There is a short addendum (ein Ausklang) concerning her reburial at Carinhall.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”