Post-WWII compositions and compilations

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
FreiDurchDieTat

Gruß an Melnik

Post by FreiDurchDieTat » 28 Nov 2007 02:45

Who is the composer of (czech?) march "Gruß an Melnik"? It might even be post-1945, I dont know...

thanks.

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Gruß an Melnik

Post by Ivan Ž. » 30 Nov 2007 18:37

It is indeed a postwar composition, by Gerhard Baumann (based on Czech melodies).

Cheers,
Ivan

rohrbacher

Wacht auf, Kameraden

Post by rohrbacher » 14 Jan 2008 19:22

Hi all-
Desperately seeking "Wacht auf, Kameraden." The lyrics aren't a problem, and of course I found the (bad) midi version.
I cannot, however find this on Record, CD or anywhere on the internet as a high quality download.
Can anyone help???? :?

robert96757

Post by robert96757 » 01 Feb 2008 03:35

i have another question regarding music. this time im not searching for marching music, nor military music. just german music that was popular in bars and restraunts and shows. i am looking for all types of music like this.

i am having some trouble with one, im not sure that i know the lyrics nor do i know the name, all i know is i heard it about 3 or so months ago and cant get it out of my head. in the chorus they all yell "HA HA HA". i also think it was in shindler's list, but cannot find the name.

on the side note of that, if anyone can point me in the right direction for bands, or singers i would much appreciate it. thanks again for all the help.

Wassermann

Post by Wassermann » 01 Feb 2008 11:06

If you are looking for popular German music out of any times... you are always fine to look for "schlager" - the German term for popular music. I can not think of a schlager with the chorus "ha ha ha" right now... Was it a man or a woman singing the main lines??

Uwe

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Der fröhliche Wanderer (Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann...)

Post by Ivan Ž. » 01 Feb 2008 11:51

Worldwide popular German songs with catchy "ha-ha-ha" in refrain are "Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann" and "Ein Heller und ein Batzen".

Cheers,
Ivan

robert96757

Re: Der fröhliche Wanderer (Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann...)

Post by robert96757 » 02 Feb 2008 12:14

"Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann" is it! found a guy on youtube singing it and emediently recognized the song. i have the other one, but i have been yearning for that one. thanks again. however now i cant find anywhwhere to download it. i have found a few CD's with it on them, but i dont want to waste away $30 bucks and find out its not the version i want, lol. anyone know where i can get it? point me in the right direction?

thanks.

and thanks for the searching tip "schlager" it has helped alot.

skoblin

Das macht die Regimentsmusik

Post by skoblin » 26 May 2008 05:05

Hi

Does anyone know the lyrics to the song "Das macht die Regimentsmusik"? Have been unable to locate them.

cheers,
skoblin

HaEn
In memoriam

Re: Drei Lilien, drei Lilien... [Potpourri]

Post by HaEn » 20 Feb 2009 05:33

Ivan Ž. wrote: The medley is called "Drei Lilien, drei Lilien..."
The funny thing is that when we visited germany in 1974, and I asked in a record shop for records of "Deutsche Soldatenlieder", the manager came just about unglued, and shouted "So was haben wir hier nicht" (or so). On our way back, we stopped over in Vancouver B.C. and looking around in the Woodward store, Westerwald was played over the music section speaker. We bought two records at the time.
Just a memory
HN

akatora666

Post by akatora666 » 23 Apr 2009 01:40

I found a file listed as Wenn die Soldaten here: http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=122 ... e+Soldaten

However, there are three songs on this recording. The first two are Wenn die Soldaten, then Ein Heller und ein Batzen. I can't figure out the name of the third song so any help would be fine if someone knows the title. This is an excellent near 6min recording. Any info on when it was recorded, who sung it etc would be much appreciated. Also because there are three songs tied into one i assume its title is something other than Wenn die Soldaten, if someone could confirm the official title of this track that would be great too.

thanks

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Re: Potpourri [Wenn die Soldaten - Ein Heller und ein Batzen - Es wollt' ein Mädel früh aufstehn]

Post by Ivan Ž. » 23 Apr 2009 09:11

It is a three-song medley recorded by Luftwaffenmusikkorps 2 (long after WWII). The arranger is the conductor himself, Hauptmann Herbert Russek. It contains three folk songs: "Wenn die Soldaten", "Ein Heller und ein Batzen" and "Es wollt' ein Mädel früh aufstehn". The opening melody is the signal "Rasch vorwärts".

Medley.jpg

Cheers,
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidSJM

Re: Alte Kameraden [Potpourri]

Post by DavidSJM » 17 May 2009 15:28

Ivan Ž. wrote: Die Bückeburger Jäger under Obermusikmeister a. D. Wilfried Majowski
Can anyone provide biographical details of Obermusikmeister a.D. Wilfried Majowski? He led “Die Bückeburger Jäger” ensemble in the 60’s (and perhaps earlier and later) and made several recordings on the Telefunken label. At least two LP’s were released on the “London” label in the U.S, under the titles German Cavalry Marches and German Hunting marches. “London” was the label of the American subsidiary/affiliate of Decca label.

Halseydog

Re: Drei Lilien, drei Lilien... [Potpourri]

Post by Halseydog » 25 May 2009 01:56

Hello all. I am new to the forum and site and am over joyed by the breath of knowledge and information being shared. In a recent visit to my ancestors hometown in Germany, I was exposed to WWII German music and found an instant love. I have collected quite a few pieces but constantly search for more. I have gravitated more towards the choruses and have found pieces of Drei Lilien, drei Lilien... Please guide me as I can post what I have if anyone is seeking a piece I may have.

Thank you and god Bless
Robert

Auser

Fahren wir weit übers Meer

Post by Auser » 23 Nov 2009 20:29

Couldn`t find lyrics to "Fahren wir weit übers Meer" anywhere.

Any help or guidance is most appreciated,

Auser

CRAIG CARR

Post by CRAIG CARR » 06 Feb 2010 06:14

AS the Allies bombed Berlin, my mother led other children to the roof after school with buckets of bath water to use as extinguishers for incendiary devices dropped in clusters at night that fell like glowing christmas trees onto the streets and roofs of apartments.She recalls the melody but only the single line of the lyrics above.. it was supposed to be a popular love song, that the kids adopted and sang as they carried sand and water buckets to the roofs to drop them into. Does anyone know the first verse or chorus? NOT having a computer or ANY techno device...no youtubes or googles etc... I can't search for or download it or provide you with a sample. Does anyone recognize the lyrics? One of the few daily giggles the kids had for singing while living in daily terror,"Let me slurp your bathwater".. (and take it to the roof!)

Return to “Music of the Reich”