October 10-18, 1911--Wuchang Uprising

Discussions on all aspects of China, from the beginning of the First Sino-Japanese War till the end of the Chinese Civil War. Hosted by YC Chen.
Jerry Asher

October 10-18, 1911--Wuchang Uprising

Post by Jerry Asher » 24 Dec 2015, 01:12

Can anyone ID what ship (s): A.) Governor flees aboard when convinced rebels have won? where did it go?
B) what foreign ship did the rebels attempt to take over to attack Changsha?
C) which gunboats and torpedo boats accompanied the Haiqi to Wuchang arriving on October 16th.
D.) were any gunboats posted at Juijiang, Nanjing, Zhejiang during this time frame?
E.) In addition to the German Belgravia, what ships evacuated people to Shanghai (a source say five ships).
F,) Finally during the contested battle of Nanjing/Zhejiang November 8th-December 3rd were any naval units present and or engaged?
Many thanks in advance--clearly I am obsessed---but I do enjoy it. (I'M not really lazy--am waiting for book in Chinese by Chen Shumin on History of Chinese Navy, Beijing 1993, and will find some to help me translate. Again thank you.

Jerry Asher

Re: October 10-18, 1911--Wuchang Uprising

Post by Jerry Asher » 24 Dec 2015, 02:51

Please excuse an error to C,) ship is Haiyung or Hairong --with Hairong seemingly the 21st Century preferred usage.

Return to “China at War 1895-1949”