Is this Eagle authentic? please help.

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
mrmqcueen

Is this Eagle authentic? please help.

Post by mrmqcueen » 21 Mar 2018, 13:08

Hello Guys

Was just wondering if any of you collectors believe this to look like it is authentic or not?

Here is the link..Thanks in advance;

http://www.od43.com/400mm_Wall_Eagle_0318.html

just

Re: Is this Eagle authentic? please help.

Post by just » 21 Mar 2018, 20:29

Hello

what do you think of that ..... ??
http://www.od43.com/Carinhall_umbrella_stand_RB.html

cordially
Didier

rlimike

Post by rlimike » 22 Mar 2018, 00:57

The eagle looks like it has had the left wing broken off & re-attached ... these (V) eagles are not accepted by most collectors & are also reproduced . The price seems to be very, very low for this one & with the broken wing I would save my money and wait for an accepted maker marked one in better condition to come along. R/R & tram eagles are not scarce JMHO. Check out the book by Wm. Saris which is an excellent reference book on R/R eagles

(titled) Third Reich Reichsbahn Eagles
Attachments
1-vert.jpg

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 22 Mar 2018, 02:48

I would not buy this. However, many originals brought back after May-45 by G.i.s did have a wing snapped off due to having to get the Adler into a box-dufflebag-luggage, then would get crudely put back on via welding, bolting on, etc afterwards

mrmqcueen

Post by mrmqcueen » 22 Mar 2018, 14:33

Thanks Guys...

It already sold anyhow. But I was sceptical.

Actually, the only site I actually really trust is The Ruptured Duck....

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 22 Mar 2018, 14:37

Ok,, lol..... But The Ruptured Duck has had his share of questionable and suspect relics in the past..( Have had his share of rants against him over on WAF -GDF- and the long gone Dolos Project among other chat forums.

ARe you a fan of Mr.Snyder? or the long gone Third Reich Depot? or Gottleib? or Wittmann? or GermanMilitaria? bahahaha

mrmqcueen

Post by mrmqcueen » 23 Mar 2018, 15:18

Hey Mark...

I use to love all the stuff on Snyder until I read some pretty bad stuff about his site...I also read some bad stuff about GermanMilitaria in fact that guy was quite weird, I was looking at one of his AH signed documents, I was about to buy it then I saw on of his AH Pictures that they openly admitted that they signed AH signature themselves to make it look good in the "original" AH frame and the signature looked pretty good to me even though it was a fake, then I questioned to myself about the AH Signed document I was going to buy and was worried, did a google search and saw a lot of bad stuff re GermanMilitaria...then I said to the guy I will not buy it for now, "No Thank you", I never said it was fake or anything and he went crazy and told me to F Off and to never buy from him again etc etc etc....then a few weeks later he said "lets forget the past, would you be interested in this...." kind of bipolar stuff....
I have only read good stuff about The Ruptured Duck actually. Im sure Bill Shea has had some stuff come through that was fake and slipped through his hands but I doubt he would intentionally sell bad/fake stuff. I dont know the man, never met him but he is a serious collector. You can please some of the people some of the time but you cannot please all of the people all of the time....there will always be pissed off people...I "believe" overall Bill Shea is honourable. Expensive perhaps, but not a bad guy.
I have read some bad things about Wittmann too...he seems very expensive and I dont really like the look of the guy, kind of shady looking...again, I dont know him, he may be a nice old fella....but I would be very careful about buying from there, plus as I said he looks VERY expensive.

So, who do you suggest?
Also, just curious, what negative stuff have you read about The Ruptured Duck? I am actually looking at buying an SS flag (not on the site) that is guaranteed original....not cheap for sure but I dont think Bill Shea would stick it up me...
What do you think of OakLeaf? and what is your thoughts on this SS banner?;
http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/1510f1.html

Thanks in advance.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 24 Mar 2018, 01:46

any negative on Bill Shea, was mostly to do with like you say, something slipping through his hands, so to speak and he would post for sale, then retract tghe item when called out on it, My and others opinion of this type of situation is.. he (or anyone else who deals in TR)and says he is a great dealer, that situation should not have happened, as we all handle one item at a time,(in our actual hands) right?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 24 Mar 2018, 01:46

SS BANNER IS TOTAL FANTASY CRAP

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 24 Mar 2018, 01:52

stay away from that site, period..many of his flags-banners are NO GOOD, EXAMPLES..181F4....164F1....164F2 THEN i JUST GAVE UP, BUT Scrooling down saw many more crap flags-car pennants, etc

mrmqcueen

Post by mrmqcueen » 24 Mar 2018, 11:18

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:SS BANNER IS TOTAL FANTASY CRAP
why? there were obviously many SS banners created...what makes you think this one is crap? Im not saying you're wrong, but what are the reasons for this?

also, what sites do you recommend or are they ALL dodgy?

btw how do a post a picture?

Thanks

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 24 Mar 2018, 22:58

Wrong material, wrong seam construction the 2 most obvious

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 24 Mar 2018, 23:01

A TR -SS banner made out of modern *duck canvas***Baahhaha, and unfinished border seams??? .Of all TR stuff, SS relics would be extra good ij manufacture,, and all those SS pennants he has, blah on those as well

mrmqcueen

Post by mrmqcueen » 25 Mar 2018, 12:04

so Mark which site do you think is a good site to buy from?

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”