Could you help me identify these unique german items

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
somestraycat

Could you help me identify these unique german items

Post by somestraycat » 28 May 2018 04:45

Hi I am a young collector I have been buying, selling and collecting for about 7 years started when I was 15. I have a few items I don't know what they are if anyone has any information please let me know. I have included pictures of these items one is a chalky type handcut pin. the other is a small wood canister with a Himmler stamp on it, and the other 2 are stickpins that where purchased from a reputable collector who original got them from a veteran he said he has never seen stickpins like these. any help would be much appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Could you help me identify these unique german items

Post by John G. » 28 May 2018 19:39

somestraycat....
The two skull stick pins are certainly/probably European, but have nothing to do with the 3rd Reich/SS/ or Panzer... earlier.... collectible in their own right but not directly related to anything WW 1 or WW 2 era.

The wooden "Himmler" tube is not original.... totally bogas fantasy junk..... as is the wooden disc with the stamped eagle.... not sure if that's the pin back badge or not.... but it's also not any good, whatever it is.

The skull stick pins are "nice" for what they are.... lot's of collectors of "skull pins".... just not "Political or Military as such".

Never believe the story..... buy what you like but also know what you're buying. The fake wooden items are really awful...... not anything "they" would have made or had "back then".... as a fairly young collector invest in some basic reference books (if you don't have them already) and study and use the forums and vetted dealer sites as learning sites so you won't be fooled into buying junk.... (never a good investment).

Glad to help if I can... I have over 60 years of serious collecting and 40 years "small time" dealing for what that's worth... sorry it's probably not what you were hoping to hear.
John G.
Co-moderator

somestraycat

Re: Could you help me identify these unique german items

Post by somestraycat » 06 Jun 2018 23:54

thanks for the information im usually careful when buying things im unaware on so most of these i don't have much money into

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”