Gavin militaria works?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Guy_In_Stahlhelm

Gavin militaria works?

Post by Guy_In_Stahlhelm » 05 Aug 2018, 14:25

Hello Everebody, it's my first post on this forum.
I want to buy my first uniforms for reenacting(WH M40), initially i wanted to buy ATF's uniform, BUT shipping from ATF in Russia costs like a half of tunic!
Question: Looks like Gavin's site don't work, is this normal or not? They continue to work with this site?

P.S. My English can be imperfect

ghasp!

Re: Gavin militaria works?

Post by ghasp! » 06 Aug 2018, 21:22

Seems to be working for me, but if not you could try some other sites. I got some bits from soldier of fortune
http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk recently as I'm in the uk. They might be better on postage. You need to check the items though to make sure they are good enough reproductions for your level of authenticity. Don't worry about the English as it's a lot better than most of us in russian.

Fritzgotzschitz

Post by Fritzgotzschitz » 12 Sep 2018, 02:46

I ordered from them over a week ago and have received no response. My PayPal payment went through but they have not responded to any emails. Are they legit or did I get scammed?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 12 Sep 2018, 18:38

Who you talkin about? Post the link so we can see the company

Fred153

Post by Fred153 » 26 Sep 2018, 06:31

I've had the same problem with gavin. I ordered some things on the 12th of september and now its the 25th and it still says processing. When I had sent them emails they never responded. My paypal payment also went through. I hear that they are good from other reenactors who buy things from them, but I don't know.

jwsleser

Post by jwsleser » 26 Sep 2018, 13:32

Guy_In_Stahlhelm

As you live in Russia, have you looked at Schuster's German uniforms (http://schusters.ru)? I buy all my WW1 Russian uniforms from them and their work is quite good. I am not an expert on German WW2 uniforms, but from what others have stated, they are very good as well. Shipping should be quite inexpensive. They have a facebook page where you can read customer comments and ask questions. Julia Gorbat handed there orders and questions.

Just a recommendation.

Pista! Jeff
Jeff Leser

Infantrymen of the Air

scrab21

Post by scrab21 » 27 Nov 2018, 01:43

Hello! i don't recommend gaving militaria at all i buyed from him a waffen ss feldbluse ! and he never answered back and after 4 months of waiting i received a heer feldbluse and after talking with him he wanted me to pay again for all the fees and returning that feldbluse, that site is a total disaster.
I recommend like soldiers of fortune, panther store, epic miitaria and if really want to wait and have a lot of patience go with gavin.

leobersoares

Post by leobersoares » 05 Jan 2019, 01:46

scrab21 wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 01:43
Hello! i don't recommend gaving militaria at all i buyed from him a waffen ss feldbluse ! and he never answered back and after 4 months of waiting i received a heer feldbluse and after talking with him he wanted me to pay again for all the fees and returning that feldbluse, that site is a total disaster.
I recommend like soldiers of fortune, panther store, epic miitaria and if really want to wait and have a lot of patience go with gavin.
Thanks Bro !
I just think about buying one German General Tricot Trousers of them.
You save my money.
Anyone have experience with Union Militaria ?

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 21 Jan 2019, 22:35

Hi
My first time on this forum. I cannot get a reply from Gavin Militaria either. In answer to the question about Union Militaria; in my opinion they are absolutely superb. I have 7 German officers tunics from them. Beautifully made, they fit perfectly, and attention to detail is great. I can’t vouch for accuracy without seeing them next to an original, but from my study of pictures, I’d say they were spot on!
Communication with the owner is very good, although you have to wait 24 hours for a reply, due to the time zone and his working hours, but he always gets back to you. You can order direct or from E bay, but you may find the credit card won’t process, in this case he will send a paypal request.
Goods arrive usually less than 2 to 3 weeks from order, depending on his work load.
Personally I recommend 100%
Brian

AKMatt762

Post by AKMatt762 » 02 Apr 2019, 17:48

Hi this is also my first post,
did any of the previous posters finally get their issues with Gavin resolved?
I too ordered some items from him roughly a month ago, got an email from him a week or so later requiring my sizes, as I requested tailored even though I had put them on the comments section when ordered,
he responded quickly then and said they would be delivered in 5 days,
I hear nothing for a while and then he emails me 5 days ago saying that he needs my number asap as the shipping company could not deliver...
bit weird as I had no email to say they were even dispatched or a tracking number, obviously I replied promptly with my number and a couple of questions but no response as of yet....
I know his stuff is pretty good but surely you shouldn't have to wait like this for delivery...

tooloudboys

Post by tooloudboys » 26 Dec 2020, 20:54

Hi
I ordered a military coat and pants from Gavin Millitaria and haven't received and updates. I can see that my paypal has been processed and I have a transaction number but the email address that was listed on my paypal receipt does not exsist. Have I been scammed?

Thanks
Andrew

Shoredave

Post by Shoredave » 29 Jan 2021, 18:28

tooloudboys wrote:
26 Dec 2020, 20:54
Hi
I ordered a military coat and pants from Gavin Millitaria and haven't received and updates. I can see that my paypal has been processed and I have a transaction number but the email address that was listed on my paypal receipt does not exsist. Have I been scammed?

Thanks
Andrew
Did you ever get your order? When did you place it?

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 05 Feb 2021, 22:31

Found this on reddit (from a year ago):

"I ordered an item a few years back from them, it took ages to ship (To be expected from them), however they have a little contact us page which allowed me to reach them, though it took several emails over the period of a week or two."
https://www.reddit.com/r/reenactors/com ... l_address/

DarkWind

Post by DarkWind » 25 Oct 2022, 21:42

I've ordered quite a few items from Gavin militaria. The quality is usually good and the prices are competitive. However, you have to be prepared for a long wait when ordering. At least a month. Take into account that the items are made in and ship from China.

Return to “Reenactment”