Where in Russia is Kollekttinsky ?

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
dpast32

Where in Russia is Kollekttinsky ?

Post by dpast32 » 31 Jan 2019, 01:00

Hello Gentleman, I have another of my 'where is it' queries, & I thought that this Forum would perhaps be the best venue to ask about it. I'm assisting a young lady in Bremen, Germany who is trying to find out about her Uncle who was KIA on 13 August 1942, in KOLLEKTTINSKY, which is / was allegedly in Russia. ( The Uncle was her Grandfather's twin brother. ) She has an official document listing the date place, & that he was killed in action, but that's all that's noted. Unfortunately, no unit assignment is noted, which makes it extremely difficult if you can't find any reference to the stated place of death !! So, if any of our Eastern Front scholars happen to recall anything regarding a location sounding like, and or spelled like the above noted 'town', PLEASE let me know. I had her check with the Deutsche Dienstelle in Berlin to see if they had any information, but we all know how long that may take. If someone out there has ANY clue at all, please chime in. THANK YOU

Best regards, dpast32 / [email protected]

UlrichH

Re: Where in Russia is Kollekttinsky ?

Post by UlrichH » 31 Jan 2019, 08:00

Hello
can you find him here:
https://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche.html
When they have listed the uncle, ask, if they have a unit.
regards

Uli

dpast32

Post by dpast32 » 31 Jan 2019, 15:57

THANKS Ulrich, But I've already tried them, I couldn't find his particular listing. ( RE: Josef SCHUSTER, BORN: 11 JULY 1920 / DIED: 13 AUGUST 1942 ) I've performed numerous Internet searches, but, all to no avail. We have an official document ( D.C. ) stating his rank
death date & place of death, but we just can't find any reference to the place name on the document, which states it as; KOLLEKTTINSKY ? The document states killed in the Eastern Theater of War, that's all it says. Her Father told her it took place in Russia. So, the search goes on ! NOTE: He may be referenced at;
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/196 ... f-schuster

Best, dpast32
Last edited by dpast32 on 31 Jan 2019, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 31 Jan 2019, 18:07

Herr Schuster was not the only one KIA at „Kollektinsky“ in August 1942.
See info on Alfons Ries here: http://www.denkmalprojekt.org/2017/frei ... k2_bw.html
Slightly different way of spelling but pretty sure it‘s the same and a location somewhere in „osten“.

Waleed

dpast32

Post by dpast32 » 31 Jan 2019, 19:35

THANK YOU Waleed !! Honestly, that's the 1st actual reference I've had pertaining to that specific location ! ( Kollekttinsky ) I knew deep down that the crew here would probably be able to find it for us. Now, I have to dig deep & try to determine Schuster's & perhaps Ries's unit(s) assignments. If I can manage to determine their units, it should hopefully become much easier to learn more. I THANK YOU again, & shall continue on with the search.

Best, dpast32

dpast32

Post by dpast32 » 31 Jan 2019, 23:06

Hello again Gents, Here's a relatively easy question for all our German unit scholars. What does the following abbreviations indicate; >> H.V.Pl. d.Sankp. 2/387 <<. Now I believe that H.V.Pl. = an Army (Heer) Main Dressing Station / Main Aid Station. d.Sankp. = Of Medical Company, & What does the 2/387 indicate ? I have an idea, but it been so long since I've delved into German unit designations, I thought that it would be best if I asked for help ? THANKS Guys,

Best, dpast32

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 31 Jan 2019, 23:32

H.V.Pl. d.Sankp. 2/387
Does it have a connection to that place or it's unrelated?

I think it's misspelled Kollektiwsky.

dpast32

Post by dpast32 » 01 Feb 2019, 00:38

THANKS Greg, Yes, that particular medical unit unit also suffered a KIA at Kollektiwsky / Kollekttinsky within a few days of my search subject, both in August 1942. 'My' KIA (Schuster) has no unit was noted, so by default, I'm attempting to pinpoint the approximate location of 2/387, as they are noted as being in either Kollekttingsky, or Kollektiwsky on 03 August 1942. The 1st spelling is on Schuster's document, while the 2nd I've noted on others ?? I'm trying to determine where that location was, & haven't had much success at all. Perhaps that location no longer exists, or was renamed in the post-war era ? Hopefully someone here may know where it is, or may have been in August of 1942 ?

Best, dpast32

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 01 Feb 2019, 01:38

Yes, good news!
I had a look where 387.ID was in early August 1942 and found Kollektiwsky on the period map.
It was ca. 25km NW from Voronezh.
It does not seem to appear in Google maps today, but you can see nearby Russko-Gvozdevskiye Vyselki as on a period map.

Kollektiwsky.jpg

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 01 Feb 2019, 07:17

Think you got it Greg! With the new spelling more on the location is popping up. Here‘s an other reference: Kollektiwsky, Hauptverbandsplatz der Sanitäts-Kp. 1/377 / bei Woronesh
http://www.kriegstote.org/cgi-bin/basep ... l&Id=30293

Waleed

dpast32

Post by dpast32 » 01 Feb 2019, 17:04

I THANK YOU ever so much Guys, I truly appreciate your very kind assistance. I knew if I asked here that it would stand the best chance of getting solved. The young lady I've been assisting over in Bremen, Germany has been searching for where her relative was KIA during the August 1942 battles in the southern Ukraine area. She's looked for a while now, but couldn't even get a 'hit' on the area / place name noted on the man's KIA document. At least now, THANKS to our kind & knowledgeable members here on the A/H Forum, I can advise her that her search is finally over !! THANKS again to everyone who so kindly replied.

Best regards, Dom Pastore Jr. / [email protected]

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”