NSDAP Badges

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Wolf2019

NSDAP Badges

Post by Wolf2019 » 18 Mar 2019, 19:55

Hello!
As a novice collector, I am now thinking of getting some 1930's NSDAP badges. Can anyone please give 6 "tips" as to what to look out for, to avoid the pitfall of buying a fake?
I know the "coffin" pin handle is one such danger signal......some tips like this would be of immense help. After, that it's instinct...!

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: NSDAP Badges

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 18 Mar 2019, 23:30

Not sure if we have on this forum, but on other forums there are dedicated threads just on the in's and out's of NSDAP lapel pins and what to look for. The old Dolos web forum that a member here had started up many years ago was solely dedicated to TR enamel pins and the do's and don't's of collecting them.Try joining GDF German Daggers Forum as a starter,of course if you ever can get in, try joining WAF.... Wehrmacht Awards Forum, or use our search engine at top of page to see what's in AHF

Wolf2019

Post by Wolf2019 » 19 Mar 2019, 01:47

Thank you !

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 19 Mar 2019, 02:34

There are really no tips that can get you through the minefield of party pins. All would be the higest quality glass enamel, early pins would have numbers, not "M" RZM codes.... But the "M" codes did begin fairly early. All coffin plate pins are bad, if the enamel forms a high dome, it's crap.
I'd find some reputable dealer sites for reference (Ulich of England, the Collectors Guild, the Ruptured Duck, Griffin militaria, etc.)...Not for buying at this stage! Seeing originals is the only way to learn plus a good reference book if available. Obviously a form with a pinned thread would also be what you need. You should be able to tell with a quick glance, never seen a regular party pin that would fool me, prewar German quaility being that good.
John G.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”