New rule of the "For sale and wanted"

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

New rule of the "For sale and wanted"

Post by Georg_S » 15 Mar 2020, 20:48

Hello

I want to inform that since today there is a new rule for the sub-forum "For Sale & Wanted". It is ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED to sell or search for Dogtags (Erkennungsmarken).

Why this new rule has been introduced is for the respect of the fallen or missing soldier. As well as respect for the relatives who are still seeking information or to end an uncertain destiny for their relatives.

The sale of these dogtags makes it impossible for these relatives to gain knowledge. It, together with the remains of the fallen or missing, must be handed over to the competent authority according to my humble attitude.

If this rule is violated, the seller or anyone seeking these dogtags is warned, upon repeating, the member is banned.

I hope you respect this new rule.

Sincerely
Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Gorque

Re: New rule of the "For sale and wanted"

Post by Gorque » 15 Mar 2020, 21:32

That's a very good rule Georg and just for the reasons stated, closure.

Prosper Vandenbroucke

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke » 16 Mar 2020, 21:12

Very, very good rule Georg .I agree at 100% with your opinion.

Darmidont

Post by Darmidont » 22 Apr 2020, 09:27

Georg_S... how to send a private message

Terry Duncan
Forum Staff

Post by Terry Duncan » 22 Apr 2020, 11:04

Click on the name of the person you want to message in the top left of one of their posts, and it will take you to a new screen where the option to send a PM appears on the left of the screen. :welcome:

Terry.

jamesmith1

Post by jamesmith1 » 25 Jun 2020, 11:37

great information & rule thanks sharing
James travelogy

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 25 Jun 2020, 12:37

Thumbs up from me too! :thumbsup:

Waleed

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 26 Jun 2020, 10:07

Good morning Georg,

thank you for your important announcement.

Trafficking in dog tags is robbing dead bodies, a criminal action, unacceptable.
For all the fallen of any country, without distinction.
A very important announcement, which I sign without ifs and buts.

Greetings from Germany!

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

bilboleslie

Post by bilboleslie » 01 Mar 2021, 03:27

Tough rule for me, although I will comply. Why? I bought some dog tags from an estate. The man had no wife, no kids. His parents went through everything in the house, and they didn't want them. All the military stuff was in one baggie. By displaying them, I can honor those who served. But, okay.

TZAL

Post by TZAL » 01 Apr 2022, 11:17

Hello, very respectful question here as I understand this is sensitive for some:

Does this rule also apply to named medals, which many are officially, or not officially imprinted or inscribed. What about items with names on them such as award documents, photos with names written on back, uniforms etc...

What makes the name on a dog tag unique vs any other named item? For instance officer groups for sale here with known names attached... how is this any different then a dog tag sale? How do we know the family of the officer group is not searching for his medals or items? Why only assume that dog tags are being searched for but no other items are, when medals, photos, other named items many times also came off a dead mans body in the field as war booty.

thanks

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 01 Apr 2022, 14:25

TZAL wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 11:17
Hello, very respectful question here as I understand this is sensitive for some:

Does this rule also apply to named medals, which many are officially, or not officially imprinted or inscribed. What about items with names on them such as award documents, photos with names written on back, uniforms etc...

What makes the name on a dog tag unique vs any other named item? For instance officer groups for sale here with known names attached... how is this any different then a dog tag sale? How do we know the family of the officer group is not searching for his medals or items? Why only assume that dog tags are being searched for but no other items are, when medals, photos, other named items many times also came off a dead mans body in the field as war booty.

thanks
Yeah, the rule imposed my owner GergeG was met with some, not much, why? and not other items like you are asking. I suggest to NOT *rock the boat* if you get my drift,about any rules here on AHF..
However, I see your very valid points and they are spot on, if selling of dog tags are banned, why not any othe rnemed item, as they were some soldats as well.
Biut again, suggest you just follow the rules as wriotten and not cause any waves

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”