Third Reich Pin

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
count_frightenstein

Third Reich Pin

Post by count_frightenstein » 25 Aug 2020, 14:58

Hello there,

Was just cleaning out a few things and came across this Third Reich pin that I got and wanted to know if anyone had an information. There was actually a Totenkopf hat pin but no markings so have no ability to determine authenticity so I'm going to keep that one but this other one, I think called the Wehrmacht Eagle, does have markings so now I'm curious if it's actually authentic.

The maker's mark is a capital letter "M" (without quotes) inside a diamond. When I looked that up, with some difficulty, that came back to someone or a company named L.S. Mayer which is even more "promising" considering:

"Under Nazi law, L.S. Mayer was aryianized in 1939. The company name was changed to 'LSM Leder Schmuck Metallwaren GmbH' and was in use until 1957."

Also, is there an actual name that this pin is called, even if German? Is it called the Wehrmacht Eagle? I've attached pictures but not sure if you will be able to see the makers mark. You would be able to see it almost where the pins would cross.
Attachments
DSC_0002 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0001 (Medium).JPG

von thoma

Re: Third Reich Pin

Post by von thoma » 25 Aug 2020, 22:19

Hello ;

Welcome to AHF

It's an eagle following the design of an Army ( Heer ) officer's summer uniform breast eagle.
It looks like a copy....
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

count_frightenstein

Post by count_frightenstein » 25 Aug 2020, 22:33

Copy, how so? I come across stuff all the time so it's nice to know.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 25 Aug 2020, 22:44

Wrong hooks for a breast eagle, and is not a regulatory pattern for German Army caps.
You can see here some original examples ; http://www.cimilitaria.com/heer_uniform ... agles.html
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

William Kramer
Host - Militaria sections

Post by William Kramer » 07 Oct 2020, 17:11

agree, the eagle which started the thread is a fake.

William Kramer
to view my museum and shop:

http://Wehrmacht-Militaria.com

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”