"Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp"

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
The Veteran

"Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp"

Post by The Veteran » 15 Nov 2020, 12:41

Well it's here at last "Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp" reprint for about $100. Forget about Amazon, EBay, and those crazy prices now nearing $1000......
Bet those sellers are having a very bad day today......
At RZM, J.J. Fedorowicz, and more....

Cult Icon

Re: "Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp"

Post by Cult Icon » 15 Nov 2020, 15:25

Based on the previews it looks like a photobook with minimal text.

There is a book on the III SS PzK (Nash) concerning the fighting east of Warsaw the summer-autumn 1944.

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 24 Nov 2020, 16:35

The two successful counterattacks in the two photobooks (Untermehen Ilse April 27 1944 and KG Muhlenkamp July 1944) have summary accounts in Viking Panzers (Klapdor) and European Volunteers (Strassner).

Untermehen Ilse: Viking Panzers Pg. 270-273 Briefly mentioned on pg. 165 of European Volunteers

July 1944: Viking Panzers Pg. 297- 315 European Volunteers pg.170-172

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 24 Nov 2020, 20:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmxlsqdmA00

This footage appears to be related to the events of July 1944- the subject of the photobook- or perhaps later? Anyway it appears to be either a mixture of Totenkopf and Wiking troops during that summer, probably another spliced together job.

Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano » 25 Nov 2020, 05:37

I would like to announce to the forum that after being out of print for nearly five years and selling for ridiculously high prices on Amazon and Ebay, KAMPFGRUPPE MÜHLENKAMP has now been reprinted and is in stock once again. There are three versions to choose from.

1. Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp Regular Edition

2. KG Mühlenkamp Camouflage Slipcase Edition (Regular edition of the book with Waffen-SS oak leaf camouflage pattern slip case. Only 200 produced)

3. KG Mühlenkamp Signed and Numbered Edition (Only 200 produced)

All three are available for sale exclusively through the new RZM Publishing website https://rzmpublishing.com
Also some good news for folks living in the UK and EU. Stock is on the way to a UK fulfillment warehouse, and they will be able to ship your book to you using a regional shipping courier. This service will begin the 2nd week of December 2020. Place your order now so not to miss out on any of the special editions.
Attachments
KGM Collection 1.jpg

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 26 Nov 2020, 05:21

I have seen some of the Baumann photos concerning these actions. Is it me or does the 251's rarely have the maximum crew load of 12? Usually I see only 7-8 men as in here.

Also notable from some of the Baumann photos is how the gunner's default stance is to stoop down and hide to the side of the gun shield, and peak from the corner, waiting for to take action. The MG itself is pointing upward.

Another is how the rifleman uses the SPW as a perch for his firearm. And the mounted crew peak out of the top in different angles, trying to cover all directions.

The Veteran

Post by The Veteran » 22 Jul 2021, 13:27

For me the the wonderful aspect about these books is the huge size of the pictures and the their spontaneity, you feel you are alongside them and could reach out and touch them. They are almost living again on the pages. Not too many books can claim this virtue….
And no dressing up here for the photographer, they wear everything and anything just like it was….

Orlov

Post by Orlov » 02 Sep 2022, 11:31

The album looks impressive! I wish I had it. The photos are inside, of course, excellent. I can only congratulate the authors on such an edition.
But one caveat - the described events did not take place in Eastern Poland. In this way, the authors accepted the provisions of the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact (Hitler-Stalin pact).
Eastern Poland until July 1945 covered territories up de iure to the Riga border from 1921 - that is, it was in fact central Poland. The Polish communists resigned in these lands in July 1945.
In fact, the events of this beautiful album took place in the eastern part of the Generalgouvernement für die besetzten polnischen Gebiete or just in the occupied Poland.
I noticed a similar nomenclature problem with other Western authors - such as Christopher Browning and Phillip Blood.
Hence, further logical consequences may arise - the fights in Poland (and not occupied Poland) allow ignorant people to draw conclusions that Poland / Poles were partners of the Germans or that the fights (but also the Shoah) took place with the consent of the Poles.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”