Where can I find a Pre-1936 SS sword?

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Zoglet

Where can I find a Pre-1936 SS sword?

Post by Zoglet » 20 Dec 2020, 21:05

Believe me. I love the 1935 pattern SS Degen, but I've fallen in love with the panther-head swords portrayed in many books referring to Third Reich edged weapons. I'm a young collector and I've considered purchasing one, but all I can find from my search are Heer swords. I looked at Tom Wittmann's video from eight years ago on an LASSH panther-headed sword with the SS Sowilo runes on the blade and found that style of sword beautiful. I've also eyed a few images of similar swords by Alcoso. I would greatly appreciate any help on where to buy such a valuable piece for a reasonable price, as I believe it would be a great investment and heirloom.

Thank you all in advance,
Zoglet

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Where can I find a Pre-1936 SS sword?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 20 Dec 2020, 21:27

Just start typing in your search on your search engine of choice..I use Bing, which filters out crap better then Google. I hope you got lots of cash for purchase thou8gh, bahahah and as for the *investment* blurb,, ehhh, dont get your hopes up about that. and as a heirloom, that makes ZERO sense as you will just own a relic that you bought in a store.A heirloom traditionally means it was owned by a member of family and passed down, and owned I mean presented to him-her officaially, May I suggest you start collecting smaller less expensive TR relics ..fanboy..

Zoglet

Post by Zoglet » 20 Dec 2020, 21:47

What is your recommendation, friend? I love any advice you and anyone else can give.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 20 Dec 2020, 23:47

I would start by following the links on these adshttps://www.bing.com/search?q=Nazi+SS+swords+fo ... ORM=HDRSC1

and then type in SS swords for sale and use *image*tab at top of menu, then click on each pic to get on the related www site.. and an FYI lots of these are FAKES>>>

Zoglet

Post by Zoglet » 20 Dec 2020, 23:54

Thank you, friend.

Zoglet

Post by Zoglet » 21 Dec 2020, 00:05

I actually just found a Panther-Headed SS sword by Alcoso sold by Ulric of England. Should I trust it? I've heard that their items are of high quality.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 21 Dec 2020, 00:14

Man, this has to be all on you, as no one can tell you to buy or whatever, If you are unsure, then yu are NOT ready to jump into collecting TR (Third Reich)

And when collecting anything SS from anybody, you need to be ready for the good and the bad, and IMO if you are unsure about buying and have to ask others, you aint ready..Now I know you are askingh for opinions on the relic and Should I buy, and that is a legit question, but if you are hesitant,, DONT!!!buy till you are ready to spend that kind of *boot* Lots of mney thjat can buy you a hous edown payment or motoorcycle, or groceries for the year

Zoglet

Post by Zoglet » 21 Dec 2020, 00:22

To me, the price is no issue. I've heard that the seller deals in high-quality goods. I'm just skeptical since I've heard horror stories about his customer service. Regardless, I'm willing to take a chance, as the quality of the piece is impeccable. Thank you for your time, friend. You've really made my day.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 21 Dec 2020, 00:29

Sorry I came across harsh, please let me apologize. All sellers have good reviews and bad as well. You can type in his site and then add reviews and see what pops up on the Google or BING engines, and of course you have to make the final decision,, but my rant about..If you aint sure DONT still sdtands IMO

Zoglet

Post by Zoglet » 21 Dec 2020, 00:34

I took no offense. Thank you, my friend. I'll take that philosophy, and use it to make informed and responsible decisions regarding TR militaria. Enjoy your day.

Larry C

Post by Larry C » 17 Jan 2021, 22:09

Hi Zoglet ..have you tried Wittmann Militaria?
Tom has many swords to choose from.

Regards Larry

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”