Forgetting his character in no time....Schmelzer kc holder.

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Reuven Koret

Forgetting his character in no time....Schmelzer kc holder.

Post by Reuven Koret » 26 Jun 2003, 17:08

Hi forum,

I have here the story of Heinrich Schmelzer. Awarded with the kc, oak leaves and the golden combat claps. He was punished and treaded by US soldiers. Well that is his story! I don´t know what the US really did to him. Could be nothing. But I don´t know.

As I understand it correct, they did a lot of ugly things to him, and he – Schmelzer – did not say stop I don´t do this. So he had to stand in knee-bend for a few hours and had to read out of a german statute book.

The question is: Why didn´t he say no? At the worst his US torturer would beat him. But they knocked him and he played for them like a clown! This is odd to me.

If his story is true he was a kind of 100 % front-line soldier. Not a soldier like many other high decorated SS Fuehrer who commanded their soldier from points far behind the front-line and never saw the enemy. He was also wounded several times, so he must know what pain is.

What might be the reason that he played in front of the US soldiers like a monkey and forgot his character in no time? And he must have character for years, otherwise it would be impossible that he was awarded with all those medals.

Was Schmelzer educated or an unskilled?

Reuven

P.S.: Has anybody a picture of Schmelzer, maybe in uniform and a second shot taken after war?

Reuven Koret

Post by Reuven Koret » 27 Jun 2003, 15:26

Well, no ideas, not even a picture?

Thanks in advance
Reuven

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”