Authentic M35 Battlefield Relic?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Hrvat96

Authentic M35 Battlefield Relic?

Post by Hrvat96 » 14 Jul 2021, 03:42

Hi there, everybody!

Looking for some help today. I've come across this battlefield relic condition M35 helmet for sale, and I'm looking to get opinions on whether or not it appears legitimate.

https://ibb.co/album/ckG777

The seller is stating that it is from the Eastern Front, more specifically from the area surrounding Kharkov Ukraine. He says it was found in an attic, has not been restored or refurbished in any way.

On the back brim, you can faintly make out the lot number which appears to read "3020", but the inside is too rusted to make out any sizing or manufacturers stamps. On the outside you can also make out where the two decals used to sit before eventually wearing off or being painted over at some point.

I'm not an expert on helmets by any means, and this would be my first purchase of one so I want to make sure I'm not being taken advantage of. The item is for sale on ebay, not any specific collectors website, which is why I'm being cautious.

Thanks for any information and opinions you're able to share!

Cheers!

Kris

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Authentic M35 Battlefield Relic?

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 14 Jul 2021, 03:47

I say he is bullcrapping you no the battlefield nonsense. Its just a shell.quite common save your money and dont buy .....Not worth the headache

Hrvat96

Post by Hrvat96 » 14 Jul 2021, 04:51

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 03:47
I say he is bullcrapping you no the battlefield nonsense. Its just a shell.quite common save your money and dont buy .....Not worth the headache
I'm aware that it's just a shell, but I'm wondering if the shell itself appears authentic. I know there aren't too many pictures to go off of, but based on what you can see, do you think it's real?

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 14 Jul 2021, 23:47

Yes

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”