Help identifying this photo of Reza Shah(?)

Discussions on the Allies and the Neutral States in general and the countries that does not have sections of their own.
blackmetalhistorian

Help identifying this photo of Reza Shah(?)

Post by blackmetalhistorian » 17 Nov 2022, 09:43

Hello, I believe this the best board to post this on as Iran was self-declared neutral during ww2 (as well as occupied by allies).

Anywho, I'm struggling to find any information/sources/etc on this picture below. I'm 95% sure it is Reza Shah the Great, and that the person behind him is his son, Mohamed Reza Pahlavi (I can kind of tell by the bowl-cut hair, as well as more pictures provided below).

Now, below is another picture in which, it appears Reza Shah is wearing different clothes (notably the hat looks more plain), but if you look at the right-most person, it appears to be the background person above (again, I believe it to be his son). You can tell by the similar haircut and suit/clothing.
I was doing this research a few days ago so I can't find exactly what this picture below is of, but I remember something about him visiting Turkey.

The reason I have the first picture is I was reverse-image searching another picture of Reza Shah via Yandex, and this image came up attached to a deleted twitter post which I can't access. Luckily it seems this picture was archived, but again, I cannot find any other reverse image searches of this one, nor any context to it.

Any information on the first picture is appreciated.

Return to “The Allies and the Neutral States in general”