- Posts: 77
- Joined: 24 Oct 2022 17:20
- Location: South of Holland
1. How many occupation troops were sent to the East after the Treaty of Brest Litovsk? And how many withdrawn for the Spring Offensive in the West?
2. Until what date were these troops allowed to stay in the occupied countries? I have read that troops from the Caucasus arrived back in Germany in April 1919, more than half a year after the Armistice.
3. How many of these troops were involved in the battle for the Baltics in 1919? I have heard about Freikorpsen and German involvement in the wars of independence in Latvia and Estonia but many details remain unclear.
4. Any good literature about this important part of World history that remains unknown for the general public?
I hope that there are some people here who can provide me with new information about the fate of the 'Ostheer' in World War I.
- Forum Staff
- Posts: 6926
- Joined: 04 Jun 2004 19:49
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Posts: 3827
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012 01:11
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
https://digi.landesbibliothek.at/viewer ... 17667/545/
- Posts: 1369
- Joined: 14 Feb 2006 09:30
- Location: Kanada