Where lives Hugo Broch

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Arne1992

Where lives Hugo Broch

Post by Arne1992 » 18 Mar 2023, 15:12

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, so hello everyone. Short intro: I'm Arne 30 years old, Christian, happily married, living in the Netherlands and on a daily basis sales manager. One of my hobbies is ww2, i.e.: documentaries, movies, books etc. Here's the thing: this summer we are going on holiday in Slovenia. On our way we are also passing, Leichlingen, the birth place of Hugo Broch, maybe the last living Luftwaffe ace, 101 years old now. I was wondering whether anyone would know if he is still living there and if not, where else. I'm keen on visiting and interviewing him. I know it may sound somewhat unrealistic, but anyway. I'd like to hear from you guys!

Andrew Arthy

Re: Where lives Hugo Broch

Post by Andrew Arthy » 19 Mar 2023, 02:18

Hello Arne,

As far as I know, Hugo Broch no longer corresponds with researchers.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com

Larry D.

Re: Where lives Hugo Broch

Post by Larry D. » 19 Mar 2023, 18:46

Arne1992:

This is not a criticism, but rather just a comment from an 85-year-old. A visit and an interview would be an exhausting ordeal for someone his age, I believe. Unless he's a one-in-a-billion exception, he probably resides in a nursing home or has 24/7 caregivers at home and won't accurately recall most of the details of the events you might ask him about...........101 is pretty old for a male.

Best Wishes, and Welcome to TOCH!

L. deZ. :)

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”