Iwo Jima: 16 February - 26 March 1945

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
BayonetOnAZero

Iwo Jima: 16 February - 26 March 1945

Post by BayonetOnAZero » 06 Nov 2023 22:03

If possible, could people post images of the Battle of Iwo Jima? I’m curious on what images were taken during the battle as it’s one of my favorite battles of World War II.
What has happened has happened, history is history. We must accept and embrace the things that we are passionate about and the atrocities that had been committed. Denying history is an atrocity in itself.

jbroshot

Re: Iwo Jima: 16 February - 26 March 1945

Post by jbroshot » 07 Nov 2023 03:23

Many photographs of Iwo Jima can be found in the 5th Marine Division history, which is available for download from Internet Archive

The Spearhead The World War II History of the 5th Marine Division

https://archive.org/details/TheSpearhea ... 5/mode/2up

My father was in the 5th Engineer Battalion, a part of this division. Most of the photographs he took on Iwo Jima are in a very thick scrapbook and are very hard to scan. I do have some loose photographs and will try to scan them.

BayonetOnAZero

Re: Iwo Jima: 16 February - 26 March 1945

Post by BayonetOnAZero » 08 Nov 2023 20:14

jbroshot wrote:
07 Nov 2023 03:23
Many photographs of Iwo Jima can be found in the 5th Marine Division history, which is available for download from Internet Archive

The Spearhead The World War II History of the 5th Marine Division

https://archive.org/details/TheSpearhea ... 5/mode/2up

My father was in the 5th Engineer Battalion, a part of this division. Most of the photographs he took on Iwo Jima are in a very thick scrapbook and are very hard to scan. I do have some loose photographs and will try to scan them.
Thank you jbroshot!
What has happened has happened, history is history. We must accept and embrace the things that we are passionate about and the atrocities that had been committed. Denying history is an atrocity in itself.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”