Some less well known criminals

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Peter
Financial supporter

Some less well known criminals

Post by Peter » 27 Oct 2003 15:44

Please Can anybody tell me anything about these men, their place and date of birth, their SS rank and number, are they dead, etc

Georg FRENTZEL (EKdo 8)
Kurt Otto GOERCKE (EKdo 4b)
Karl JäGER (Pol Btl 304)
Johannes Ernst KINDER (EKdo 10a)
Kurt MELZER (Pol Btl 304)
Arno Ernst SHUMANN (Pol Btl 304)
Arnold ZöLLNER (KL Sachsenhausen)

I believe all were Einsatzgruppen criminals except Zöllner

Thanks for your help
Pete

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 27 Oct 2003 16:04

Iltis -- I have notes on the convictions, by East German courts, of the men on your list, but I haven't been able to find any of the biographical detail you're looking for.

Frentzel, Georg – service, 8th Action Command (Einsatzkommando 8) {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz) for war crimes committed in Oct-Nov 1941 and Jan-Sept 1942 at Bazewitschi, Golowtschin, Kosulitschje, Mogilew (Mogilev), Sakrinitschje near Borki, in the areas of Belynitschi-Golowtschin, Studenka-Gorodez and Polykowitschi, involving the shooting executions of Jews at Mogilew (Mogilev) and the Belynitschi-Golowtschin area, the poison gas killings of 600 patients at the Mogilev asylum in Oct 1941 and another 200 patients in Jan 1942, the murders of civilians and prisoners in anti-partisan operations, and the execution of prisoners at the forced labor camp and prison at Mogilev; convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment 2 Feb 1971 (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1044; LG/BG Karl-Marx-Stadt 711202).}

Goercke, Kurt Otto – service, Action Command 4b (Einsatzkommando 4b) {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Neubrandenburg for war crimes committed between Jul 1941-Aug 1942 at Barwenkowa, Gorlowka, Kirowograd (Kirovgrad), Kramatorsk, Poltawa (Poltava), Slawjansk, and Tarnopol, consisting of participating in the murders of approximately 3000 persons including Jews, the mentally infirm at the Poltava asylum and other Russian civilians by gassing vans and shootings; convicted and sentenced to death 22 Feb 1961; subsequent fate unknown (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1082; LG/BG Neubrandenburg 610222; Ob. Gericht der DDR 610425).}

Jaeger (Jäger), Karl – service, 304th Police Battalion {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Halle for war crimes committed in Jan-Apr and Sept-Oct 1941 at Warschau (Warsaw), Starakonstantinow (Starakonstantinov), Winniza (Vinnitza), Gaisin, Kirowograd (Kirovgrad), and Uman, consisting of guarding the Warsaw ghetto and participating in the murders of communist functionaries and 16,000 Jewish civilians in the Ukraine; convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment 2 Oct 1981 (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1012; LG/BG Halle 811002).}

Kinder, Johannes Ernst – service, Action Command 10a (Einsatzkommando 10a) {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz) for war crimes committed by Einsatzkommando 10a between Jul 1941-Mar 1943 at Alupka, Aluschka, Astrachanka, Belzy, Fjedorowka, Fliminda (Oksanowka), Jampol, Jeisk, Kirillowka, Konstantinowka, Mariupol, Mjelitopol, Nikolajewka, Obraszowoje, Pestschanka, Pokrowskoje, Rosenthal, Simferopol, Starominskaja, Taganrog, Zeitler, Zürichtal, Jasi (Jassy or Iasi, Romania), in the areas of Jeisk, Mariupol, Mjelitopol, Simferopol, and Taganrog, involving the murders of several thousands of Jews by mass shooting and gas vans, the murders of other Soviet civilians, and communist functionaries in the southern Ukraine, and the murders of 214 mentally or physically handicapped children from the children's hospital at Jeisk by gas vans; convicted and sentenced to death 11 Jun 1976; subsequent fate unknown (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1024; LG/BG Karl-Marx-Stadt 760611; Ob. Gericht der DDR 760723).}

Melzer, Kurt – service, 304th Police Battalion {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Halle for war crimes committed Jan-Apr and Sept-Oct 1941 at Warschau (Warsaw), Krakau, Starakonstantinow (Starakonstantinov), Winniza (Vinnitza), Ladyschin, Gaisin, Kirowograd (Kirovgrad), Uman (Sucho-Jar-Schlucht), Snamenka, and Kiew (Kiev), consisting of participation in the murders of Russian POWs and 17,200 Jewish civilians; convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment 26 Oct 1978 (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1017; LG/BG Halle 781026; Ob. Gericht der DDR 781215; LG/BG Halle 940224).}

Schumann, Arno Ernst – service, 304th Police Battalion {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Halle for war crimes committed Jan-Apr and Sept-Oct 1941 at Warschau (Warsaw), Krakau, Starakonstantinow (Starakonstantinov), Winniza (Vinnitza), Ladyschin, Gaisin, Kirowograd (Kirovgrad), Uman (Sucho-Jar-Schlucht), Snamenka, and Kiew (Kiev), consisting of participation in the murders of Russian POWs and 17,200 Jewish civilians; convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment 26 Oct 1978; subsequently declared rehabilitated by a German court at Halle 24 Feb 1994 (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1017; LG/BG Halle 781026; Ob. Gericht der DDR 781215; LG/BG Halle 940224).}

Zoellner (Zöllner), Arnold – service, concentration camp (Konzentrationslager - KL) Sachsenhausen {arrested and put on trial by an East German court at Rostock for war crimes committed between 1941-1944 at KL Sachsenhausen, consisting of the murders of thousands of Soviet POWs and 6 English RAF flying officer POWs; convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment 3 Jun 1966 (JuNSV Verfahren Lfd.Nr.1059; LG/BG Rostock 660603; Ob. Gericht der DDR 660902).}

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 27 Oct 2003 16:23

Thanks David,
yes I've got the trial data but am trying to discover a little more about these men, I believe that Zöllner might have been a SS-Hscha or Oscha but have no information at all on the others.

Thanks as always for your help
Peter

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 12 Oct 2004 15:49

Nice info but I'm looking for a bit more.

Does somebody know what ranks these men had??? And what about their SS-number, is there somebody who also has that regarding these men?? I don't have any of these persons in my files so the more info the better.

Thanks in advance.
Mikedc

Peter
Financial supporter

Post by Peter » 12 Oct 2004 15:59

Hi Mike
I've been looking for ages now but cant find anything since I posted the query.

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 12 Oct 2004 16:05

Hello Iltis,

I know what you mean and I overlooked the fact that you asked almost the same as I did, sorry for that.

Indeed it's sometimes very hard to track down some information on certain persons. Since I've started again with this topic, I didn't do anything with it for many many years, I've gathered alot of additional info and that's cool. I also bought some nice books that contain cool info but still it's not enough to find everything a person sometimes wants to find.

So like you I really hope there's somebody out there who can provide us with some more info on these guys. It not, we have to stick with the things that are provided to us in this topic.

So let's keep our fingers crossed.
Greetings,
Mikedc

steve248

Post by steve248 » 13 Oct 2004 20:19

Johannes Ernst Kinder
was born 3 Oct 1912, Einsiedel/Erzgebirge.
Incidentally he was only a driver and came from Stapo Prag/Ast Jitschin
to Einsatzgruppe D/SK 10a.

waffen-IDF

Obersturmfuhrer Georg Frentzel

Post by waffen-IDF » 11 Aug 2009 14:33

I'm not sure if this is the right guy or not.

Obsf.d.res:9.11.44 22.SS-Frw.Kav.Div
SS:432744

Moniroth You-Bell

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”