Question about photos taken after Nürnburg Executions

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Dunkirchen1940

Question about photos taken after Nürnburg Executions

Post by Dunkirchen1940 » 11 Dec 2003 00:30

My Dad recently read a book titled "The Nürnburg Jailer", and it clearly stated in there that there were photos taken of the Corpses clothed and unclothed. Absolutely sickening.
Is this true?

Nina van M.

Post by Nina van M. » 11 Dec 2003 01:00

I've read a couple of books about Nürnberg trials, but never was something like that mentioned. I've seen some pics too, but they were all dressed. Never heard or read about that before...so I believe and hope it isn't true.

Penn44
Banned

Re: Question about photos taken after Nürnburg Executions

Post by Penn44 » 11 Dec 2003 02:02

Dunkirchen1940 wrote:My Dad recently read a book titled "The Nürnburg Jailer", and it clearly stated in there that there were photos taken of the Corpses clothed and unclothed. Absolutely sickening.
Is this true?
Why is this "absolutely sickening"?

Caldric

Re: Question about photos taken after Nürnburg Executions

Post by Caldric » 11 Dec 2003 02:06

Penn44 wrote:
Dunkirchen1940 wrote:My Dad recently read a book titled "The Nürnburg Jailer", and it clearly stated in there that there were photos taken of the Corpses clothed and unclothed. Absolutely sickening.
Is this true?
Why is this "absolutely sickening"?

I was wondering the same, in my opinion murderers and scum like this deserve only the basic dignity. And only to keep the dignity of the men who have to carry out the sentence.

Hanging never was and never has been a death of honor, it is a death of a criminal and to get a firing squad was too honorable a death for people who could order such things as they did.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 11 Dec 2003 02:15

I was thinking of all their victims who never got a decent, dignified burial.

Shame you can't execute a man but once.

In the words of Judge Roy Bean, "Hangin' too good for the likes of you."

And shame on all of you who feel sorry for the Nazi bastards.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 11 Dec 2003 03:18

Hello,

I have the photos of the 11 corpses with cloths, are terrible scenes.

But I think that I cannot post here for the policy of the forum. If Marcus give the autorization I will post this like a horrible historic material.

Best,

Dunkirchen1940

Post by Dunkirchen1940 » 11 Dec 2003 04:17

Well, what I meant by absolutely sickening is that the Allies would be as perverted as to take photos of nude corpses, it is just not right in my mind.
Karl

Lobscouse

Post by Lobscouse » 11 Dec 2003 04:37

Go ahead Helly, post those pictures, so our armchair warriors can see what dead men look like. :cry:

Do you also, by chance have any photos of all the little Afgahn children who have just recently been killed? Post them too, if available.

John W

Post by John W » 11 Dec 2003 05:21

'Scouse, I've posted a link in the "How long in Iraq" thread. It is not about dead people but it is horrible enough.

Horror and suffering come not at death. Sometimes, it is just part of life, where drawing each breath involves suffering excruciating pain. :|

Lobscouse

Post by Lobscouse » 11 Dec 2003 05:40

Just visited your post, John, and the stories of these beautiful little American children is just appalling.

They did not have to go to the front; it came to them.

The Merchants of Death used to be rich armaments dealers, but now our own political leaders, at all levels, have taken on the mantle. May they also have some form of hell visited upon themselves.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 11 Dec 2003 09:50

Lobscouse wrote:Go ahead Helly, post those pictures, so our armchair warriors can see what dead men look like. :cry:

Do you also, by chance have any photos of all the little Afgahn children who have just recently been killed? Post them too, if available.

How many would have died before allied occupation? Starvation constant warfare, there were more dying from no immunization before occupation. Balance it out, there is a price for improving these conditions.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 11 Dec 2003 15:34

Dunkirchen1940 wrote:Well, what I meant by absolutely sickening is that the Allies would be as perverted as to take photos of nude corpses, it is just not right in my mind.
Karl
One, these nude photos may have been autopsy or medical examiner photos, or a postmortem investigation photo to aid indentification so that all those Nazi lovers would not be able to deny it was the said Nazi vermin at some later date.

Now, if they had photos of dead Rippentrop or Jodl buck naked on a bearskin rug in a spread-eagle position, well, maybe you're right. But the said photos are probably official photos.

David C. Clarke

Post by David C. Clarke » 11 Dec 2003 16:05

Seems to me there are plenty of pictures of nude bodies from the Third Reich--look at any series on the liberation of any Concentration Camp.

Cheers,
~D

Grand Admiral

Post by Grand Admiral » 11 Dec 2003 16:17

What a depressing thread! It seems a lot of y'all have very strong opinions...

Dunkirchen, I agree with your "sickening" statement. Nude corpses are not exactly the most wonderful thing in the world to look at, after all.

Scouse: I think you should post those pictures in the Warcrimes forum--history is history, you can't go back and change it.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 11 Dec 2003 18:19

Grand Admiral wrote: Nude corpses are not exactly the most wonderful thing in the world to look at, after all.
I doubt seriously that any of Nuremberg executed looked too attractive when alive and nude.

The problem with the whole Nazi war crimes process was too many Nazis, too little rope.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”