ANTI PARTISAN BADGE IN BRONZE 1957 ISSUE

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Michael Marshall

ANTI PARTISAN BADGE IN BRONZE 1957 ISSUE

Post by Michael Marshall » 02 Jan 2004 02:57

I found this on E-Bay and was wondering was there a anti partisan badge 1957 issue????
8)
Thanks
Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fighting_scars

Post by fighting_scars » 02 Jan 2004 05:51

I don't know for sure, but I sincerely doubt they would re-issue it. The Anti-Partisan badge has a very bad reputation and Anti-Partisan operations often went hand in hand with warcrimes (particularly the slaughter of civilians). Basically it's a award that the government and most people who recived it want to sweep under the carpet, so to say.

Raz

Post by Raz » 02 Jan 2004 08:28

This badge did in fact come in 1957 denazified form.

HPL2008

Post by HPL2008 » 02 Jan 2004 09:28

Yes; as Raz said there was a 1957 Bandenkampfabzeichen. See here for images of the three classes in their 1957 versions:

http://www.struemer-phaleristik.de/h_ba ... mpf_b.html

http://www.struemer-phaleristik.de/h_ba ... mpf_s.html

http://www.struemer-phaleristik.de/html ... kampf.html

Germania

Post by Germania » 02 Jan 2004 11:29

The site you give HPL2008 is a good one!
The badge exists as 1957 issue but never see one before.

Michael Marshall

Post by Michael Marshall » 02 Jan 2004 20:28

Well thaks for all the info for a moment there I thought it was a fake sinse it had ties with the SS, but now I know better to jump to conclutions.
8)
Thanks
Michael

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 02 Jan 2004 21:17

her are two in the rare stick pin version. one in bronze and one in silver. won't see these every day! 8)

greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuntman

Post by stuntman » 02 Jan 2004 23:06

Hi Guys,

I am in fact the seller for this badge and can assure you that it is 100% ok! Must say I was rather surprised to see it pop up here!
All German combat and valour decorations were reissued in 1957 form only political and party awards were left out.
This award took precedence above the close combat clasp and as such was the highest war badge awarded. It was awarded to all services not only SS and Police and is not necessarilly synonimous with war crimes!
Anyway, just received the glad news from ebay that they pulled the auction for selling nazi related items even though there are no offensive symbols on this badge.
These people are f***ing nuts! I had a war merit cross 2nd class with swords pulled the other day within 12 hours of listing but still have an ostfront medal listed which was posted at the same time!!?? Looks like I'm well on my way to getting banned, Oh well such is the price for freedom!

Best to all,

Patrick

stuntman

Post by stuntman » 02 Jan 2004 23:23

P.S. If anyone is interested in obtaining this badge then please pm me with an offer.

Cheers,

P

fighting_scars

Post by fighting_scars » 04 Jan 2004 01:11

Not synonomous with war crimes? The Germans put down patisans in the most brutal and vicious ways possible, such as the killing of civilians in retaliation for German deaths (1:10, sometimes 1:100).

But that's beside the point, I am very surprised they re-issued it.....but apparantly they did :)

stuntman

Post by stuntman » 04 Jan 2004 01:31

Im not denying that German troops committed atrocities when involved in partisan warfare, that is a well known fact. Captured Germans were butchered also.
What I was trying to bring across with that statement was that this is a combat decoration and that not all recipients of it were involved in war crimes. It was awarded for 20 days hand to hand combat and as such ranked above the CCC in bronze. That is why it was reissued in 57 form.

fighting_scars

Post by fighting_scars » 04 Jan 2004 01:40

stuntman wrote:Im not denying that German troops committed atrocities when involved in partisan warfare, that is a well known fact. Captured Germans were butchered also.
What I was trying to bring across with that statement was that this is a combat decoration and that not all recipients of it were involved in war crimes. It was awarded for 20 days hand to hand combat and as such ranked above the CCC in bronze. That is why it was reissued in 57 form.
Not everyone who was in the SS were involved in the atrocities that the organisation commited either....

As for the soldiers being butched? Call my cold hearted, but I honestly can't say I object. They were invaders and occupiers; they deserved everything they got. However maybey my feelings are different due to the Partisans in my family (Dutch).

Matt Gibbs

APB reissue

Post by Matt Gibbs » 08 Jan 2004 16:55

If you bother to type in the bandenkampfabzeichen word in the google search engine you will find MANY sites listed and a lot of them are devoted to telling all about how various, and mostly german opinion suggests they thinnk that is was a very contraversial descision to make and should not have been reissued..
regards
Matt Gibbs

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 08 Jan 2004 17:43

I find it hard to believe that the parisian badge ranks higher than the CC badge but as you are an expert... :?

For all those people who believe the AP badge was given only to nutters who slaughter innocent people you are partially right. Remember that a lot of parisians disguise themselves as civilians and fight with a different code of conduct than the Germans were used to, frequently using bombs...sounds familiar...like IRAQ? It was often impossible to distinguish the "terrorist" (our name for "Parisian" or "Partisan" in the 21st century) from innocent people. Thus a lot of these so called freedom fighters were actually guilty themselves of implicating innocent people.

I don't condone killing of civilians especially torching a village but I think the execution of GUILTY partisians was actually condoned by the geneva convention 8O , what the Germans did WRONG was they did it without trial and on a whim for a lot of cases. Gen Paulus was appalled by this and took steps to correct this although not eradicating this problem around 1942-43.

So you see you could have got this badge quite above board depending on how you conducted parisian operations.

Macmedal

Post by Macmedal » 08 Jan 2004 19:41

What is easy to forget about ALL Third Reich Awards is the fact that they represented a regime that was repsonsible for the deaths of Millions of people. To try and single out individual awards as being somehow more darker in representation for the regime than others is simply flawed thinking.

Some collectors try to present awards won for heroic deeds and actions (such as the Knights Cross) as though in some moral way they are noble items less tainted than for instance the Bandenkampfabzeichen.

Take for example the War Merit Cross Second Class. An innocent enough award perhaps when compared to the dark symbolism of the Anti Partisan Badge?

Well think again as many were awarded to SS Totenkopfverbande and SonderKommando's in Einstazgruppen.

I am fascinated by the history of the Third Reich. The Awards and Medals of this regime are in my opinion unsurpassable.

I am not trying to take the moral high ground in saying this or trying to explain or justify why I collect such awards. I accept the allure and fascination that the Nazi party holds to many people today. Just look at the amount of books published and documentries that are made every year on the subject. It is probably this dark fascination that makes the majority of us collectors of this era.

But I always try to remember what they ALL represent, a brutal murderous regime that was responsible for the deaths of millions of people as well as the devastation and destruction of the German Nation itself.

Nick

Return to “Axis Awards”