SD Training picture

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
chrish

Post by chrish » 30 Mar 2004 23:21

Yes, obviouslu, I understand... but It is unlikely that these mans are in that picture. I am very curious!

Chrish

JoeW

Colonial Police School

Post by JoeW » 30 Mar 2004 23:58

Nice photo, but there is at least one Italian in the room which also moves the numbers around. I have a copy of another photo book for that particular four month course which ended on 31.3.41. But I suppose it was the Third Course, as the most conspicuous officers, besides Heydrich, Zindel and Kappler, were Brigadeführer Albert and the translator Sturmbannführer Dietrich. I share another album for a Fourth Course which was predominantly Ordnungspolizei personnel. Perhaps someone might recognize a senior Orpo staff officer who is featured prominantly in the album with a special tour to the Sacred Altar of Fascist Martyrs. I will post his photo when I can scan it this evening.

I really enjoy this forum for the intelligent discourse and scholarship evident in the posts. I tried to secure the identification of Brigadeführer Creiß on another collector oriented Forum for some time without success. In just a short time, the pros on this forum had him pegged. I enjoy collecting and the history behind the memorabilia. This site satifies both sides of the brain. :)

JoeW

Police Staff Officer?

Post by JoeW » 31 Mar 2004 02:24

Perhaps this Staff rank officer is recognized by someone, as well as the Obersturmbannführer accompanying him. The time period is summer 1941 as this was during the Fourth Course at Tivoli.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 31 Mar 2004 03:17

No idea on the Polizei officer with interesting medal bar (including Deutsche Olympia-Ehrenzeichen II. Klasse), but the SS-Obersturmbannführer is the ubiquitous (in Italy-related photos) Eugen Dollmann.

Best,
~ Mike

JoeW

police officer

Post by JoeW » 31 Mar 2004 04:06

Thank you Mike. I forget the pecking order in Italy. Kappler was head of the Gestapo in Rome and Dollman was what? And he is walking two steps behind the police officer. Would it be correct to assume the police officer, who also has the runes on his pocket, outranks Dollman and is therefore an Oberst and Standartenführer?

WojtekK

Post by WojtekK » 31 Mar 2004 10:18

SS-Staf Dollmann was Führer beim HöSSPF Italien (Verbindungsoffizer).

Regards

Wojtek

jim toncar

Post by jim toncar » 31 Mar 2004 13:13

Joe , Dollmann was also Himmlers Italian translator and also Karl Wolff translator in Italy, he was a small player in the surrender of Italy.
jim

JoeW

More colonial police

Post by JoeW » 01 Apr 2004 04:57

While I do enjoy this forum as I wrote earlier, I sometimes have memory block: the Brigadeführer was named Croneiß, not Creiß.

Thank you WotjekK for the ID of Dollman. I believe the Stbf seated in the front with the wristwatch is Riese. At least, the person is remarkably similar to the photo in Riese's officer file, including the receding hairline.

Here is a photo of the album for the third class showing Brgf Dr. Wilhelm Albert and the translator, Stbf Dr. Fritz Dietrich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JoeW

an unknown Stdf.

Post by JoeW » 01 Apr 2004 05:31

Here is a final shot from that Third Course album of a wreath laying event with colonial school participants. To the left of the Italian Officer is Standartenführer Zindel but I don't know his equal on the right? Anyone?

WojtekK

Re: More colonial police

Post by WojtekK » 01 Apr 2004 11:17

JoeW wrote:Thank you WotjekK for the ID of Dollman.
It's Mike, not me ! I only write function about Dollmann.

Regards

Wojtek

JoeW

thanks

Post by JoeW » 01 Apr 2004 14:26

You are right Wojtek. And thanks Jim. You know, I think Dollman was in that ceremony from which I sent you the photo of Wolff and his car.

JoeW

Bozen

Post by JoeW » 02 Apr 2004 05:34

Here is a photo of that face that I think is Dollman which is in the center. Can anyone recognize the Oberst in conversation with the portly officer on the right? That portly fellow is the ubiquitous Maj.d. Pol.u. Sbf. Hans Dobek, who at this time was in command of a company of the II/Pol Rgt Bozen. He was killed by partisans in 1944.

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Re: Bozen

Post by Phil Nix » 02 Apr 2004 09:13

JoeW wrote:Here is a photo of that face that I think is Dollman which is in the center. Can anyone recognize the Oberst in conversation with the portly officer on the right? That portly fellow is the ubiquitous Maj.d. Pol.u. Sbf. Hans Dobek, who at this time was in command of a company of the II/Pol Rgt Bozen. He was killed by partisans in 1944.

The Oberst could be the regimental commander Alois Menschik.
Philmil

Max Williams

Re: Bozen

Post by Max Williams » 02 Apr 2004 09:18

JoeW wrote:Here is a photo of that face that I think is Dollman which is in the center. Can anyone recognize the Oberst in conversation with the portly officer on the right? That portly fellow is the ubiquitous Maj.d. Pol.u. Sbf. Hans Dobek, who at this time was in command of a company of the II/Pol Rgt Bozen. He was killed by partisans in 1944.

I don't think it's Dollman (centre rear), but unfortunately I also don't know who it might be!
Max

JoeW

Post by JoeW » 24 Jul 2004 00:03

Is it possible that the Oberst (guessing/staff officer) is Oberst d. Schupo and Standartenführer Karl Heinz Bürger? The photo in the A-G book of Generals (by AnDie?) is a front on shot of a man with glasses of similar facial characteristics. It would be logical that Bürger would be at this ceremony in early 1944 with Wolff and Brunner in Meran or Bozen, whatever the small town is.

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”