- Posts: 1410
- Joined: 25 Aug 2003 10:32
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Sources (since I've been kindly asked for such in the past):
http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScr ... rimes.html
On Allied occupation:
- Forum Staff
- Posts: 23572
- Joined: 20 Jul 2002 19:52
- Location: USA
(1) what is the extent of atrocities committed against noncombatant civilians by the Allies in WW2, especially in 1944-45 by the Wetern Allies?
(2) How many Axis PoWs were executed after capture in WW2 overall?
(3) How many times were they made to perform humiliating tasks? Like burying the dead or reparing damages in front of civilians?
(4) I've heard that uring the Battle of Berlin and after it was captured, Soviet troops took especially good care in rounding up SS (Waffen-SS, SD, SS-TV) troops and executing or beating them. The SS knew this, and changed uniforms before escaping.
(5) French and Soviet officers hauling civilians and Heer and Luftwaffe personnel before their troops and executing them, mistaking them for the said SS-men. Can anyone give specifications?
(6) After the German defeat, how were DPs treated? I've heard of Allied troops arming themselves long after the German defeat
Before you think about starting six separate threads, here are some considerations. Of your questions, (1) is too broad for a single thread. Question (2) is unclear as to whether legal executions, as for war crimes, are included. The beating portion of question (4) is the subject of a closed thread at:
Questions (2) and (6) do not clearly make out any war crimes.
Furthermore, please document each specific claim. If you expect me or the other moderators to search through a non-specific "grab bag" of revisionist websites looking for the detailed proof you should have included when you started the thread, you need to rethink your position.
Here are a few more tips: citations to racist websites such as
are not permitted here. Generalized citations to book reviews such as:
do not satisfy the research requirement. The same is true of a citation to an article on a webpage which in turn refers to an author's last name, with no book title, as at:
And of course, compendiums of various types of strange foam, without any scholarly source, such as that found at:
don't turn the trick either.