Some good WW2 military books

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Panzermahn

Some good WW2 military books

Post by Panzermahn » 31 Jul 2002, 22:13

Can anyone transalate some of the titles in some of the books below..I only knew a few as my germans is not very good

1) This should be Crimes Against the Wehrmacht

2) I'm not sure about the title of this..Is it War Brutality of the Red Army

3) Is it The Women Auxilliaries of the German Wehrmacht?

4) Is this title mean The best soldier of the world?

5) I'm not sure about this title, something to do with war (im krieg?)

6) What does this title mean? i saw the smaller caption meaning Wehrmacht and anti-wehrmacht Propaganda

7) I don't know what it means of the title

8) What does it mean?

Finally does anyone knew where can i get some of this books in english? I try Amazon but there is no result
Last edited by Panzermahn on 31 Jul 2002, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Kurasier

Post by Kurasier » 31 Jul 2002, 22:33

Hi,
1.) Crimes against The Wehrmacht
2.)War Brutality of the Red Army (its Band II of Crimes against The Wehrmacht)
3.) Blitz Mädchen About the Women in the Luftwaffe (Nachrichtenhelfer and so on)
4.) The Best soldiers of the World
5.) Humanity in WAr
6.) Sorry I don't know this word in english
7.) The Truth about The Wehrmacht
8.) Against the political Abuse of the history of the german Soldiers

Christoph

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 31 Jul 2002, 22:36

panzermahn,

Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with this list as you apparently don't understand the titles?

/Marcus

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 31 Jul 2002, 22:39

I think it is to humiliation, to truduce = verleumden

or slander?

Not sure.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 31 Jul 2002, 22:40

Panzerman has it really bad.....

Starinov

Post by Starinov » 31 Jul 2002, 22:42

Marcus Wendel wrote:panzermahn,

Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with this list as you apparently don't understand the titles?

/Marcus
I guess he wants to read every book about the Wehrmacht that is available especially those which glorify the Heer or the Waffen-SS and talks about the crimes of the Red Army... 8O

Just a thought, though.

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 31 Jul 2002, 22:42

Thanks Kurasier, for the transalation..

Marcus, i was searching the net for information about some of these books and then i found a site(but in german) to has a list of this..But as you know, my german isnt sufficient enough to understand completely the titles...that's why some of the titles i know and some i don't..

Do u know where can i find the english version of some this books?

Marcus, regarding the author Mark Yerger, is he the one who wrote the Allegemeine-SS, Riding East, Waffen SS Commander SS: Kruger to Zimmermann
Last edited by Panzermahn on 02 Aug 2002, 18:42, edited 2 times in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 31 Jul 2002, 22:50

panzermahn,

These books are probably not available in english as a lot of books never are translated.

Yes, it's the same Mark Yerger.

/Marcus

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 31 Jul 2002, 22:52

Panzermahn,

I noticed that you found the images at http://www.iolaos.com/scriptorium/ and in case you have not already noticed, it's a very pro-Third Reich site.

/Marcus

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 31 Jul 2002, 23:00

is it? i didn't know it was a pro-Third Reich site..But anyway, having interest in this kind of contemporary and revisionist history books doesn't necessarily mean that a person is a Nazi, right?

But the Verbrechen an der Wehrmacht and the Kriegsgreuel der Roten Armee is very interesting because it systematically documented the Russian Bolshevik War Crimes as mentioned in the Wehrmacht War Crimes Bureau, another execellent book by Alfred De Zayas back in 1989..

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 31 Jul 2002, 23:09

panzermahn wrote:But anyway, having interest in this kind of contemporary and revisionist history books doesn't necessarily mean that a person is a Nazi, right?
No, not necessarily.
panzermahn wrote:But the Verbrechen an der Wehrmacht and the Kriegsgreuel der Roten Armee is very interesting because it systematically documented the Russian Bolshevik War Crimes as mentioned in the Wehrmacht War Crimes Bureau, another execellent book by Alfred De Zayas back in 1989..
I have not read it (warcrimes & the holocaust is not something I study, I leave that to others), but keeping in mind that it is based on material collected by the Wehrmacht, it is hardly an impartial source.

/Marcus

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 01 Aug 2002, 05:43

But as u know, the Germans are very methodically organized and efficient in collecting evidence regarding the brutality of the BOlsheviks...so i think the evidence from the WEhrmacht War Crimes Bureau can be accepted as a credible source..something that most of the established historians didn't want to accept or ignore them...

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 01 Aug 2002, 10:28

panzermahn,

I did not say that they were not "organized and efficient", I said they were not impartial which they of course can't be as they are documenting crimes committed during a war they were fighting at the time fighting.

/Marcus

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 01 Aug 2002, 10:44

But the Wehrmacht War Crimes Bureau are not fighting a war..they are the legal department of the military and are non-combatants..just involved in gathering of evidence and documentation..so how could they be impartial? because the germans even arrest SS Camp Commandants for brutality..(Good case, Karl Koch of Buchenwald)

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 01 Aug 2002, 10:52

panzermahn,

It was a part of the Wehrmacht and thus hardly an independent unit that was free to investigate whatever/whoever and come up with any kind of result without fearing some kind of punishment either from the military or political leadership (it simly does not work that way in a war, in particular not in dictatorsips).

Let me put it another way, if a similar book was published based on records from a similar unit of say the Red Army or British Army, would you take the content as the truth without questioning it as you are doing with this book?

/Marcus

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”