Walter Frentz photos

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
Mark Costa

Walter Frentz photos

Post by Mark Costa » 13 Aug 2002 18:00

Does anyone know where I can obtain copies of the color portrait photos that Walter Frentz took at Hitler's HQ's ???? Did he also photograph the politcal leaders in addition to KC winners ???

Thanks.

Mark Costa

Matt Gibbs

Me too

Post by Matt Gibbs » 30 Aug 2002 08:00

I would love to know this information too!
Some of the photographs he took are published in german books but I have never seen any source for copies. I wonder if perhaps there is an archive of his work? He certainly had excellent quality materials to work with looking at some of the colour pictures I have seen. I wonder what cameras he used, maybe Leica..?
I'll follwo this line of inquiry myself and post info I find!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Waland66

Post by Waland66 » 30 Aug 2002 14:40

Hi!
I would like to know this too!
I have some copies of his pictures on my website.
I also know that someone broke into his son's house and stole
many of his originals.

Regards
Paal
Last edited by Waland66 on 22 Oct 2004 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Gibbs

So far

Post by Matt Gibbs » 30 Aug 2002 22:37

Having a trawl round has not got me a lot further so far but, I was wondering whether he is still alive..? I have learned of course on a few online sites that he is not, and that his son Hanns Peter Frentz donated a number of photos to the french government which are of the V2 rocket building factories and assembly lines. I am going to have to see if I can find the book that has been printed on this subject!
Of course for anyone interested in Frentz's work there is the book Hitler's Berghof 1928-45 Zeitgeschichte in Farbe, printed by Arndt [ISBN 3-88741-027-0]
In fact one way of finding out more about the photo archive of frentz might be to contact the publishers : ARNDT-Verlag, D-24035 Kiel, Postfach 3603.

Will keep looking!

Kind Regards

HerrGeneral

Post by HerrGeneral » 17 Apr 2004 11:54

Waland66 wrote:Hi!
many of his originals.

Regards
Paal
http://www.samba66.com

I heard his son was really reckless about the whole collection, didn't care about it. The collection probably was worth a lot on the black market.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 20 Apr 2004 12:24

HerrGeneral wrote:
Waland66 wrote:Hi!
many of his originals.

Regards
Paal
http://www.samba66.com

I heard his son was really reckless about the whole collection, didn't care about it. The collection probably was worth a lot on the black market.

Not true. His son guards his father's photos religiously. He pursues anyone who uses his father's photos without permission. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous dealers took advantage of Herr Frentz senior's generosity in his old age and obtained numerous images from his father's archive. Frentz's son put a stop to it when he discovered what was going on, but not before a large number of photos had been "conned" out of the old man. Herr Frentz junior is a senior manager for a large Berlin media and photo company.
Max

Waland66

Post by Waland66 » 20 Apr 2004 14:37

Hi!
What about all color pictures from the Arndt Verlag books? Are they obtained from Frentz senior or junior?

Regards
Paal

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 20 Apr 2004 21:54

They are obtained through the company that Frentz junior works for. The reproduction rights have been paid for.
Max

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”