Books published by members

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Frech
Forum Staff

Re: Books published by members

Post by Frech » 20 Oct 2018, 12:55

We are happy to announce a new book referring the "Volkswehrleutnante" of the austrian army which were installed 100 years ago. Here is the link to the book:

https://www.militaria.at/Book.aspx?book ... anguage=de

Regards

Christian & his Co-authors
Attachments
Schutzumschlag Volkswehr vorne.JPG
Schutzumschlag Volkswehr hinten.JPG

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 06 Nov 2018, 01:34

Greetings All,

My Book The 64th Army at Stalingrad 1942-43 is now live on Amazon.com. If you wish to order please use the Support AHF link at the top of the screen.

Basic info: My book covers the Soviet 64th Combined Arms Infantry Army before, during, and after the Battle for Stalingrad, from 1942 to 1943. This is a day by day account of the battles of the 64th Army at an Operational Level.

This true story of the 64th Army is the first extensive English Language account of a Russian/Soviet army during World War II. Other English Language publications might touch upon actions of individual Russian armies and events, but none, as far as I know, cover a single army in depth, let alone a detailed study during a 15-month period. The significance of this approach allows the reader to follow a historically important army from its formation, commitment to battle, and through to the end of the battle for Stalingrad.

Most English Language books covering Stalingrad tell the story mainly from the German point of view. By making extensive use of newly released historical documents from the Russian Ministry of Defense’s TsAMO archive, my work provides a refreshing other side of the hill point of view. This approach complements existing research and publications, thus more fully completing the historical narrative. Additionally, 32 original maps, and 2 figures clearly illustrate the ebb and flow of this great battle. Also, an assortment of 21 photos, some never before published, only adds to the unique look and feel of this book.
IMG_1087 -small.jpg
IMG_1087 -small.jpg (260.77 KiB) Viewed 5892 times

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 06 Nov 2018, 18:29

A bit more info. If you are a Kindle type of person, my book is now available at the Kindle store too. One benefit is that on Kindle you can see the maps that I produced in color.

Felix C

Post by Felix C » 06 Nov 2018, 19:26

Well done Dann

dreamphoto

Post by dreamphoto » 06 Nov 2018, 23:48

dreamphoto wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 22:18
Dear friends,
I want to inform you that the new book "Serbian Army ~ Weapons of Victory ~ 1914-1918 ~ Volume I", which I co-authored with John P. Sheehan, finally came out from the press !
The book is a new comprehensive work on the small arms, bayonets and ammunition used by the Serbian Army during the course of World War One. “Serbian Army ~ Weapons of Victory ~ 1914-1918 Volume I” is 468 hard-bound pages of detailed information, period photographs and color photographs of the various firearms, bayonets and ammunition issued to the Serbian soldiers who served in the front-line trenches during the course of the Great War.

The book includes a history of the campaigns fought by the Serbs against the Austro-Hungarians, Germans and Bulgarians. The numerous models of Mauser designs purchased on contract from Mauser Oberndorf, DWM and Steyr of Austria, are addressed from the design phase, through trials and ultimately to their use on the battlefields of the Balkans. The Russian supplied Berdan II and M1891 Three-Line Rifles, aka Mosin-Nagants, which were used to great effect in defeating two Austro-Hungarian invasions, are discussed in detail. Captured and re-issued enemy weapons from the Austrians and Bulgarians were pressed into service. Turkish weapons captured during the 1st Balkan War were also issued to Serbian units during WWI, with a chapter devoted to Turkish Mausers and Peabody-Martinis.

Following the collapse of the Serbian front through weight of numbers, the remnants of the Serbian Army escaped over the snow bound mountains of Albania to be rescued by the Allied Navies. Following the recovery and reorganization of the surviving Serbs, they were re-equipped with French firearms and deployed on the Salonika Front where they fought for the remainder of the war.

Volume I will be followed by Volume II that will cover machine-guns and field artillery, while Volume III will cover uniforms, equipment and close combat weapons.

To order a copy, email at [email protected]. In Europe, the book sells for 80 Euros plus shipping. Thank you for your interest in our work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrfBHZA ... Vtjwxa1nmU

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 07 Nov 2018, 00:23

Dann Falk wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 18:29
A bit more info. If you are a Kindle type of person, my book is now available at the Kindle store too. One benefit is that on Kindle you can see the maps that I produced in color.
Hi, thanks for your work. Do you have a link to your product? I searched amazon and did not find it.

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 07 Nov 2018, 01:15

You can find it at:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... +Dann+Falk

Amazon messed up the title and did not list all the info, but you can see the info in this forum...Thanks!

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 07 Nov 2018, 21:11

Greetings All,

Just went to the "Look Inside" feature for my book on Amazon. They used the Kindle file (dumb), which has display and formatting issues, and it makes my book look like crap. This is all on their web site, the book itself is clean and looks great. Sorry for any confusion.

Dann

per70

Post by per70 » 18 Nov 2018, 21:24

Great news, Dann. Ive been following the progress of your book for a while, and was looking forward to finally seeing the finished product.

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 19 Nov 2018, 05:57

Thank you very much per70, for your interest.

I must say...in a modest way, I have attempted to break new ground and reveal something different about the war in Russia and the battle for Stalingrad. My book is not perfect, but I think it opens up a new area for study, the Soviet/Russian side of the story, without the propaganda.

Just to let you know….I have started formatting and laying out a second book “The 7th Guards Army from Kursk to Prague 1943-45”. This is a separate book, but also a follow-on to the Stalingrad book about the 64th Army. It will complete the story of the 64th/7th Guards Army during the war.

To be published in 2020…I Hope 😊

All the best

Dann

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 04 Dec 2018, 18:10

Greetings All

An updated Kindle version of my book The 64th Army at Stalingrad is now live on Amazon. This update fixed some spelling, punctuation and layout issues. I also added a small amount of new clarifying text. The Kindle version looks much better now. I believe people who bought the Kindle version can go back to Amazon.com and download the updated version of the book for free.

The paperback version of my book has also been updated. The same spelling, punctuation and layout issues have been fixed along with the minor amount of new text.

Amazon now offers a much cleaner “Look Inside” feature which allows you to read a few pages, and look at some of the maps. This gives you a good idea of how detailed the story is about the 64th Army at Stalingrad.

Once again thanks for your support.

Dann

fisenfender

Post by fisenfender » 14 Dec 2018, 01:45

Grüße, Glückwünsche zur Veröffentlichung des Buches. Karten aus russischen Archiven?

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 14 Dec 2018, 18:00

Greetings,

I used various base maps to draw the maps for my book. I did use historical Russian maps for unit placement, front lines and city and town locations and place names. This is how I was able to show the flow of battle more accurately.

Ich habe verschiedene Basiskarten verwendet, um die Karten für mein Buch zu zeichnen. Ich habe historische russische Karten für die Platzierung von Einheiten, Frontlinien und die Orte und Orte von Orten und Orten verwendet. So konnte ich den Kampffluss genauer zeigen.

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 21 Dec 2018, 18:36

Greetings All

An updated version of my book is now live on Amazon along with the Kindle ebook book version. You should be able to download the updated Kindle version for free from Amazon.

This should be the final update as the last few minor errors have been fixed…I hope!

Thank you for all your support. Cheers!

Dann Falk

Post by Dann Falk » 06 Jan 2019, 20:43

Greetings Everyone and Happy New Year!

Just a reminder, if you purchased my new book “The 64th Army at Stalingrad 1942-43” and enjoyed it, please think of posting a short review on Amazon. So far, I have all 5 Star reviews in the US and UK.

Thanks again for your support.

P.S. If you haven’t seen my book, Amazon has a look inside feature which lets you view quite a few random pages. It gives you a good idea of what’s inside.

Dann

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”