Landsverk Lynx

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Tom Houlihan

Landsverk Lynx

Post by Tom Houlihan » 04 Jan 2005 01:38

I'm trying to do a quick check on the use of this vehicle, the Landsverk Lynx, by the Germans. A quick google search told me simply that the Germans captured some, and they might have been used by police units in Norway or on the Ostfront. Does anyone know where these vehicles might have ended up, and how many were so utilized?

Thanks much, in advance!

Gertjan

Post by Gertjan » 05 Jan 2005 18:48

Hello Tom,

The Lynx was the name of one of the five Carden-Lloyd carriers, used by the Dutch army in 1940. Since I an abroad right now, I can't tell you the names of the other vehicles (Poema is another one, the rest were also felines).

The landsverk vehickes were called M-36 and are of Swedish origin if I am not mistaken.

Good luck with your research!

Gertjan

p.s. This might be a good link, it is in Dutch, but clear enough on WWII Dutch material
http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/hol/Netherlands.htm

Dan Mouritzsen

Post by Dan Mouritzsen » 05 Jan 2005 22:42

Hi Tom

In 1939 Denmark tested 3 Landsverk Lynx. After the test is was decided to buy 15 more so it would be a total of 18 but the war came before the delivery could take place. The 3 Landsverk Lynx were given the numbers PV 9, 10 and 11. They were used by the Germans in Denmark during the occupation but not for long and according to German documents they never left Denmark. After the war they were scrapped.

Kind regards

Dan Mouritzsen

Tom Houlihan

Post by Tom Houlihan » 06 Jan 2005 03:25

Thanks, Dan! That answer solves the problem. Amazing isn't it? You read something about Europe in WWII, and come right here to verify it!

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”