New host in this section

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Marcus

New host in this section

Post by Marcus » 02 Sep 2002, 14:43

I'm happy to say that Hans has accepted my offer to become host of the Holocaust & Warcrimes section.

/Marcus

Scott Smith

Re: New host in this section

Post by Scott Smith » 02 Sep 2002, 15:06

Marcus Wendel wrote:I'm happy to say that Hans has accepted my offer to become host of the Holocaust & Warcrimes section.
That should work out well because he has always shown himself to be civil and remarkably open-minded for a contentious topic.
:)

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 02 Sep 2002, 19:44

Scott Smith wrote:
Marcus Wendel wrote:I'm happy to say that Hans has accepted my offer to become host of the Holocaust & Warcrimes section.
That should work out well because he has always shown himself to be civil and remarkably open-minded for a contentious topic.
Well, coming from Smith the term "open minded" sounds like "sucker" to me.

Don't insult our new moderator, Mr. Smith. :lol:
Last edited by Roberto on 02 Sep 2002, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.

atkif

Post by atkif » 02 Sep 2002, 19:47

I am also glad that Hans accepted the offer,
Regards

Luca

Post by Luca » 02 Sep 2002, 23:10

WOW Marcus!
Compliments!!!!
I was think that was impossible find a host for this suicide action.

Dear Hans,
Welcome !!! :D
..and sincerly compliments!
Looking the emails up i hope that You ve a good helmet for Your future work here.
With friendly
Luca 8)

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 03 Sep 2002, 05:15

Roberto wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:

Now, Roberto, was that comment necessary?

Sounds like Sour Grapes to me. I merely stated that I think Hans can be fair and dispassioned--traits unfortunately lacking on your part. If you wanted the job you should have applied for it. And if you are dissatisfied with our new Moderator you should take it up with Mr. Wendel, not with me. I merely humbly expressed my approval, silly. Guess the party's over for you, then? Oh, don't worry none...
:?

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 03 Sep 2002, 12:06

Scott Smith wrote:
Roberto wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:

Scott Smith wrote:Now, Roberto, was that comment necessary?
No, but I couldn't resist the temptation.
Scott Smith wrote:Sounds like Sour Grapes to me.
Unlike Smith, I don't have that problem.

I was just amused by Smith's use of the term "open-minded".

From what I know of Smith, that means "open minded to bullshit" - which I definitely don't think Hans is.
Scott Smith wrote:I merely stated that I think Hans can be fair and dispassioned--traits unfortunately lacking on your part.
Dispassioned is difficult indeed, because my blood starts boiling when I read too much nonsense.

But unfair, Mr. Smith?
Scott Smith wrote:If you wanted the job you should have applied for it.
Why should I be interested in being a moderator? It would deprive me of the pleasure of thrashing Mr. Smith like I love to do.
Scott Smith wrote:And if you are dissatisfied with our new Moderator you should take it up with Mr. Wendel, not with me.
Dissatisfied? Hans and I have got along nicely ever since we met by chance one day on the Codoh forum (Hans had sent a post that I considered very good, and I managed to take down his e-mail address before the moderator deleted the post). I could think of no one better for the job.
Scott Smith wrote:I merely humbly expressed my approval, silly.
I know, buddy. You just shouldn't have used the term "open-minded". That sounds so funny when coming from you that it calls for a little teasing, you know.
Scott Smith wrote:Guess the party's over for you, then?
I'd say it's just begun. :D

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 03 Sep 2002, 17:41

Roberto wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:Guess the party's over for you, then?
I'd say it's just begun.
That's my Roberto! I'm glad you're in a better mood now.

gabriel pagliarani

Querelle

Post by gabriel pagliarani » 11 Sep 2002, 03:08

:? mmmhhh....what a way to begin with the same old querelle between Roberto and Scott Smith! Anyway good luck... :wink:

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 14 Sep 2002, 15:19

It would be interesting to know more about the new host.

Does he have a surname, like the other moderators?

I would like to know his intellectual background, and his areas of special knowledge and expertise.

Hans

Post by Hans » 14 Sep 2002, 16:57

Thanks everybody for the nice comments!
:D

michael mills wrote:
It would be interesting to know more about the new host.

Does he have a surname, like the other moderators?

I would like to know his intellectual background, and his areas of special knowledge and expertise.
mhmmm... the last time you wanted to know more about a user's background, you subsequently tried to discredit his biography because of his opinion, and vice versa, his opinion because of his biography.

But if it satisfy you, yes, my area of trained special knowledge and expertise gained at University (material science and engineering) has nothing to do with history and the Third Reich.

Luca

Post by Luca » 16 Sep 2002, 02:26

I hope that i understend well im my famous english the last 2 emails.
Reading the first email of Mr.Mills i was very happy because i ve general interest for know what is the sistem of the precious Marcus for take the hosts.
I think that the Mr.Mills question was legitimate and gently but maybe i don't know the old Forum situations.
So i no permit to comment the reply of Ours new Moderator.

But if i can permit, i want ask the same question.
Obvious i no ve interest if he was study at university or in the street as me, or if he is the president of USA or a robbery bank attaker as me.
What i want know,if is possible,is what is he culture concern this specific section.
I want understend what is the criterio of Marcus.
When a knower is so good that can say "im ready for this work?"?
I obvious no dubt concern the knowledge of the new Host or concern the selection of Marcus.
My culture is zero and much Members here appare for me as martians, so the figure of the Host is for me very misterious, as the little boss of the martians.
Cause my interest of some aspects of this section i ve particular interest for know where can arrive the knowledge of this topic.
I hope that You can understen how much is clear and without double motivation my ask.
i cant say the same for my english :lol:
Thanks

T.R.Searle

Post by T.R.Searle » 16 Sep 2002, 02:43

Can you change the language you view this site in to say Italian for Luca and then you wouldnt have to speak english if thats easier,you could just speak your own and it would get translated over. As I remember looking though my profile I can change the language I see this in. Unless everyone has that done :oops:

T.R.Searle :)

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 16 Sep 2002, 13:48

T.R.Searle,

That setting changes the language of the buttons, faq and other forum objects, not the language of the messages.

/Marcus

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 16 Sep 2002, 13:50

Luca,

There are not fixed rules for the nomination of moderators/hosts, it is decided on a case by case basis.

/Marcus

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”