Nazi Combat Artists - Help identify art program

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Landser

Post by Landser » 17 May 2005, 02:51

This collection was published by the Battlegroup von Küchler during the Eastern campaign.The artists were all members of the unit and listed above. Kampf und Kunst=
roughly "Battle (Fight) and Art".

Evian

Raebiger worked for the Beobachter, the NSDAP daily news

Post by Evian » 12 Sep 2005, 00:29

Heinz Raebiger tenía 33 o 34 años cuando en 1937 llegó a España para cubrir la Guerra Civil como reportero gráfico del Völkische Beobachter,el diario del partido nazi de Adolf Hitler, en el poder desde 1933.

[/quote]

bilboleslie

Heinz Raebiger

Post by bilboleslie » 12 Sep 2005, 06:19

Mil gracias. Parece que vivia en Francia despues, porque hizo algunos dibujos que aparecieron en un libro, pero no se ve despues de la guerra. Supongo que se murio. Gracias por la noticia.

mugge333

Post by mugge333 » 02 Mar 2006, 14:47

Hey Bilboleslie.

I believe the picture IMG_1111.jpg, is a drawing of Tallinn, the capital of Estonia.
The building is a part of the city wall and is called "Fat Margaret". The tower is the home of the Estonian Maritime Museum. To the right, it's the gateway from the old town center to the harbour. And finally the church tower in the background is the St. Olav's church.

I hope that this information is useful to you.

regards
mugge333, Denmark

oth

Post by oth » 02 Mar 2006, 19:56

IMG_1116.jpg is Narva, also in Estonia. Compare to this for example: http://www.geography.wisc.edu/faculty/k ... ngorod.jpg

Lasse

Post by Lasse » 03 Mar 2006, 17:47

I would also say Narwa. Great picture btw!

AlifRafikKhan

Re: Nazi Combat Artists - Help identify art program

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 09 Sep 2011, 21:03

Heinz Raebiger working...

Source: DER ADLER 1st June 1939 edition
Attachments
Heinz Raebiger.jpg

bilboleslie

Post by bilboleslie » 13 Sep 2011, 19:07

Thanks so much for sharing this photo of him. I'll try to post the full collection (well, what I have) on this thread. I have about 45 of the 60+ prints.

tyler1995

Post by tyler1995 » 25 Mar 2016, 05:59

I am not an authority on this guy. I have seen his name written two different ways. Hans Rabiger and Heinz Raebiger. Very little is known about him. Prior to WWII he was in Spain as a photographer. Then he shows up in Germany during WWII. I know he was in Germany as early as 1941. The translation of what of you have written there is this : The wallet martial art and has been issued by the propaganda unit of the army of Kuchler. It contains works of war painter K. Martin Lunstroth and Kurt Krohne and the war signatory Heinz Raebiger. The selection of works met Kriegsberichter Hans Eckensberger. The introduction wrote Kriegsberichter Dr. Emil Strodthoff. The wallet martial art and was designed for memory of the liberation of the eastern country and the severe un glorious struggle of the Army ". Secondly, Hans is only known to have produced 36 sketches. I have one of the 36 signed and dated. To my knowledge all of his were done in pencil. I have no idea who might be in possession of the the other 35 or even if they are all together. I would love to know more about him as in my opinion he was quite talented. I would also like to know the value of his work. My sketch has been authenticated as an original.

Wayne Luney

Post by Wayne Luney » 31 Jul 2020, 01:32

I have seven high quality limited edition etchings of Rome and Venice that were made in 1925 by Heinz Raebiger. I purchased them about 40 years ago in Sacramento from Hans Poppe, who had been Raebiger's agent in Italy. I had them professionally matted and framed. I discovered Raebiger's Nazi past on this forum and that has created a real problem. I am not Jewish but my only child married into a Jewish family that had lost members in the Holocaust. My daughter and her husband do not want anything done by a Nazi in their home. While I have zero sympathy for Hitler I do not favor destroying a work of art just because I don't like the politics of the artist. I would be interested in arranging the transfer of the etchings to someone who would appreciate them. It would be even better if the person getting them was interested in the historical context.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”