SS-Ostubaf Hans Mützelfeldt

Discussions on all aspects of the SS and Polizei. Hosted by Andrey.
PK

SS-Ostubaf Hans Mützelfeldt

Post by PK » 14 May 2005, 17:00

Hello I have a question regarding Obersturmbannfuhrer Hans Mützelfeldt and his position as Ia in III.SS-Pz.Korps.

In the summer of 1944 Hans Mützelfeldt was temporary transfered to the III.SS-Pz.Korps as Ia right after that Ziegler (ex Ia) became Kdr.SS-Pz.Gren.Div "Nordland" and before Ostubaf v.Bockelberg took over the position as Ia. I now wonder for long Mützelfeldt held this postion as Ia and when did he hand it over it to v. Bockelberg?

Thanks in advance / PK

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Re: SS-Ostubaf Hans Mützelfeldt

Post by Phil Nix » 15 May 2005, 10:59

PK wrote:Hello I have a question regarding Obersturmbannfuhrer Hans Mützelfeldt and his position as Ia in III.SS-Pz.Korps.

In the summer of 1944 Hans Mützelfeldt was temporary transfered to the III.SS-Pz.Korps as Ia right after that Ziegler (ex Ia) became Kdr.SS-Pz.Gren.Div "Nordland" and before Ostubaf v.Bockelberg took over the position as Ia. I now wonder for long Mützelfeldt held this postion as Ia and when did he hand it over it to v. Bockelberg?

Thanks in advance / PK
Do you mean Ia or Chef des Generalstabes
Phil Nix

Mark C. Yerger
In memoriam

Post by Mark C. Yerger » 15 May 2005, 20:20

"Remaining in Russia in the first quarter of 1944 with Kampfgruppe “Das Reich,” he led the unit’s anti-aircraft battery. After returning to France he left the Division in the second half of May and then undertook General Staff training until September 1944. Following two weeks of familiarization on the staff of the III.(germ)SS-Panzerkorps, Mützelfeldt moved to the 20.Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (estnische Nr. 1) on October 10, 1944. Serving as that division’s final Ia, he succeeded Emil Rehfeldt."

German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police," volume 2.

Mark

Return to “The Phil Nix SS & Polizei section”