Anti-Partisan Badge

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Michael Marshall

Anti-Partisan Badge

Post by Michael Marshall » 23 Sep 2002 21:22

Here is my Anti-Partisan Badge what do you guys think? Unfortunately he tried to repair it.
8)
Thanks
Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan Poon

Post by Bryan Poon » 24 Sep 2002 04:51

Hi, from the cutout and the details, it looks like a repro to me.

BP

Michael Marshall

Post by Michael Marshall » 24 Sep 2002 05:21

Well every thing checkt out with the post that Ben gave me http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... hlight=apb the first time.
8)
Thanks
Michael

Bryan Poon

Post by Bryan Poon » 24 Sep 2002 05:24

So...what do you want to do with this "picture"?? :monkee:

BP

Richard van Kempen

Post by Richard van Kempen » 24 Sep 2002 11:40

i would run like hell from this badge

from Formans guide to third riech german awards...and their vallues 3rd edition
page 100

Anti-Partisan War Badge 1944-45

(A) Type A: First issue manufactured by "Junker"with stylized skull,cutout serpents.Reverse iether semi hollow or solid.Struck in tombac ,an alloy or zinc. Either a flator a needle pin

(B) Type B: Later issue of another manufacturer with a small scull. Massive.heavy solid badge.Reverse solid & flat.In an alloy or zinc.

(C) Type C: Deluxe Special Grade III Gold badge,presented by Riechsfurher-SS in 1945.Gold tombak.

(D) Grade I. Bronse for 20 combat days
(E) Grage II. Silver for 50 combat days
(F) Grade III. Gold for 150 combat days
(G) Deluxe Special Grade III presentation badge
(H) Blue case for GadeIII Gold badge
(I) Blue case for Deluxe Special Grade III presentation badge

In fact,only four Deluxe Special Grade III presentation badges were personally awarded by Reichsfuhrer-SS Himmler at his headquarters on february15 1945.
These badges were specially made and hand finished by "C.E. Junker"of Berlin.
Deluxe quality,convex gold-platedtombak with blued-steel finish blade &
finely detailed cut-out serpents. Wide silver pin on reverse.

hope it helps abit
Richard van kempen

Matt Gibbs

Special Deluxe grade 1945

Post by Matt Gibbs » 25 Sep 2002 08:14

I'm always curious when I hear reference to this badge. I know that the certificate of one of the 100 days gold grade awards has survived, that from Erich Kuhbandner, but I wonder often if the badge also survived into collectors hands. I am a bit sceptical about the special grade because of the late war situation, but I confess that the first presentation might have led to a better quality badge finish being done in fire gilt for th eoccasion of Himmler presenting the awards. :D
I am looking for a copy of the 21st February 1945 edition of the Volkischer Beobachter relating to this presentation if anyone has one..??? :mrgreen:
The picture is in one of Forman's guides but I do not know the certificate is his. Does anyone know or can they perhapos enlighten me. I would like to write to Adrian Forman but I don't know his address or any other information. Any help would be appreciated. Anyone else interested there is already a thread in the archive on this subject of you do a search for Kuhbandner..!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 25 Sep 2002 09:32

The badge and the citation was obtained by Forman and was in his collection untill he sold them in about 1982. They were ofered to me but at the time I was not able to buy them for lack of funds. It was a special piece with the sword blued. Flat backed and slightly smaller and curved. This would give the idea that it had been hand cast from another.

Matt Gibbs

And now..?

Post by Matt Gibbs » 25 Sep 2002 13:08

I don't suppose by any chance you know of thier current whereabouts..? I would like to try and get a picture of the badge and certificate for my research project if that's possible. I don't suppose he sent you any pictures of the badge etc when he was selling it..?
Thanks for the information, it has cleared up a question in my mind!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 25 Sep 2002 14:03

The owner dose not want to be contacted or the items shown. I do have an amount of information on this award and it is being fetured in my new book. Any help I can give you will be a pleasure.

Matt Gibbs

What a suprise

Post by Matt Gibbs » 26 Sep 2002 17:32

I guessed right then...! Somehow I thought there would be a 99.9% chance he wouldn't want to be known or contacted :mrgreen: Thanks for the offer of help though. I was hoping to get a clear picture of the surviving award document! Maybe not for a few years by the sounds of it...! One of those things I guess.

I wonder when Herr Kuhbandner 'disposed' of the award. Since you mention the sale of the badge in the 1980's and he didn't pass away until the 1990's...? Anyone happen to know..?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 26 Sep 2002 18:04

Both the award and document were taken from him at the end of the war and latter sold to Forman. Then he disposed of both items together. I hope this clears things up.

jacques

Post by jacques » 27 Sep 2002 16:35

Hi
here is the pic of the Kuhbandner document presented in a germann article.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jacques

Post by jacques » 27 Sep 2002 16:40

And the badge presented as a post war badge (Neuanfertigng) by Herr PATZWALL. He also state that Kuhbandner received the document with an hollow gold badge.

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 27 Sep 2002 16:53

This is the document that was offered to me by Forman. The badge was not HOLLOW, but was flat backed.

jacques

Post by jacques » 27 Sep 2002 18:37

Hi
The document presented in various books by Forman (For fuhrer and fatherland, forman guide documents) is not this one. the Forman's one is dated 15 februar 1945 and has a little frieze around. the Kuhbandner soldbuch entry is 11 februar 1945.

Return to “Axis Awards”