German parody songs against the Allies

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
Panzermahn

German parody songs against the Allies

Post by Panzermahn » 23 Jul 2005 07:51

Yesterday, i got an mp3 of the song "Das Lied vom deutschen U-Boot-Mann" and I was quite surprised and like it too especially the ending...

The ending comes when the German U-boat men whistle in the tune of the American march, "The Stars and Stripes Forever" by J. P. Sousa (representing an American ship) and then suddenly, drums rolls (representing a torpedo had been fired) and then the ending theme of "Wir fahren gegen Engelland" (representing the torpedo had hit the American ship and Germany is victorious at the end)..

Quite funny I think on this parody song by the Germans.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone got the lyrics to the song "Das Lied vom deutschen U-Boot-Mann"?

Another example I could remember of Germans singing a parodied German version of the Allied song, "We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegried Line" or something similar.....

Anyone had more examples of German parody songs against the Allies?

Regards
Panzermahn
Last edited by Panzermahn on 23 Jul 2005 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

sepp253

Post by sepp253 » 24 Jul 2005 04:34

Where can you get copies of these songs on cd???? About 20 years ago I had some LP's and one had the "We're gonna hang out the washing on the Seigfied Line" song on it... there was also a song about the sinking of the Royal Oak. I think that one was in stereo. Don't know where they are now. Not to forget "In England lives the Lord of Lies" parady on Churchill.
Thanks,
Sepp

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 24 Jul 2005 15:02

Panzermahn wrote: Yesterday, i got an mp3 of the song "Das Lied vom deutschen U-Boot-Mann" and I was quite surprised and like it too especially the ending...

The ending comes when the German U-boat men whistle in the tune of the American march, "The Stars and Stripes Forever" by J. P. Sousa (representing an American ship) and then suddenly, drums rolls (representing a torpedo had been fired) and then the ending theme of "Wir fahren gegen Engelland" (representing the torpedo had hit the American ship and Germany is victorious at the end)..
The ending in both "Das Lied vom deutschen U-Boot-Mann" and "Wir fahren gegen Engelland" is actually the melody of "Deutsches Flaggenlied" (Stolz weht die Flagge...).
Panzermahn wrote: Anyone got the lyrics to the song "Das Lied vom deutschen U-Boot-Mann"?
See: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 1&t=213193
Panzermahn wrote: Another example I could remember of Germans singing a parodied German version of the Allied song, "We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegried Line" or something similar.....
That is "Die Siegfriedlinie": it begins with the original English song, but it's being stopped by bombs (voices shouting "Stuka, mother dear" in the background) and than continued with the "Königgrätzer Marsch" and the German parody song.
sepp253 wrote: About 20 years ago I had some LP's and one had the "We're gonna hang out the washing on the Seigfied Line" song on it... there was also a song about the sinking of the Royal Oak.
The song referring to the sinking of the Royal Oak is likely "Das muß den Ersten Seelord doch erschüttern", a parody of the popular sailors' song "Das kann doch einen Seemann nicht erschüttern".
sepp253 wrote: Not to forget "In England lives the Lord of Lies" parady on Churchill.
Original German title: "Lied von den Lügenlords" (In England wohnt ein kleiner Mann...).

Cheers,
Ivan

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 25 Jul 2005 07:42

Hi Ivan,

That is great info!! You always amazed me by your depths of knowledge few would have known...

Regards
Panzermahn

Return to “Music of the Reich”