Murder of Dachau guards

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Ezboard

Murder of Dachau guards

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002, 14:14

Thomas
Unregistered User
(9/1/00 3:56:10 pm)
Reply Murder of Dachau guards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am looking for facts on the murder of Dachau guards by american troops at the end of the war.

Thomas

von stauffenberg
(9/1/00 7:01:53 pm)
Reply Re: Murder of Dachau guards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting Dachau fact that I picked up when I visited Munich: when the allies got there they released the prisoners and told them to go into town and take whatever they wanted. After going on substandard rations for so long many of the prisoners died from gorging themselves, relatively speaking. Sorry I don't have any info on gaurd murders but it wouldn't suprise me in the least.

Marcus Wendel
ezOP
(9/1/00 9:16:14 pm)
Reply Re: Murder of Dachau guards
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum has some photos of the shootings that you might find useful.
Search the collections for "summary punishment".
http://www.ushmm.com/

/Marcus

Jerry N
Unregistered User
(9/4/00 5:45:35 pm)
Reply Murder of Dachau gurads
This response may not be a direct response regarding Dachau guards, however I am aware of several instances when U.S. soldier's gave weapons to the people they liberated. I recently read an article that General Patton was given a written report on some of the incidents. He simply read it, the threw it in the trash without any commment. My kind of guy.

Al H
Unregistered User
(9/6/00 5:16:19 am)
Reply Jerry's kind of guy
In Gmund/Tegernsee, Himmler had a "Guesthouse" for him and his officers.First thing Gen.Pattom did requisitioned it for his personal use.Himmlers suite became his favorate hangout where he kept court.I yes he did'n mind a daily 60 mile commute to his office in
Bad Toelz in the SS Junkerschule.

Was this a mutual admiration society case or what

von stauffenberg
(9/6/00 2:28:12 pm)
Reply Re: Jerry's kind of guy
If I'm not mistaken, Patton was sent home because he was not taking denazification seriously enough. This was well represented in the 2nd Patton movie with George C. Scott. I think he was a true warrior and since he had won the war he did not want to get involved in the post war politics.

Wyler
Unregistered User
(9/7/00 3:10:47 am)
Reply Your answer
1943) Many massacres of prisoners of war were committed by the American 45th (Thunderbird) Division during the invasion of Sicily in 1943. At Comise airfield, a truck load of German prisoners were machine-gunned as they climbed down on to the tarmac, prior to be air-lifted out. Later the same day, 60 Italian prisoners were cut down the same way. On July 14, thirty six prisoners were gunned down near Gela by their guard, US Sergeant Barry West. At Buttera airfield, US Captain Jerry Compton, lined up his 43 prisoners against a wall and machine-gunned them to death. West and Compton were both arrested and convicted of murder. They were sent to the front where both were later killed in action. On April 29, 1945, units of the 45th. liberated the concentration camp of Dachau where more atrocities were committed.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”