A New Look at General Sikorski's Death:

Discussions on all aspects of Poland during the Second Polish Republic and the Second World War. Hosted by Peter K
henryk

Re: A New Look at General Sikorski's Death:

Post by henryk » 27 May 2017 18:28

Sid Guttridge wrote:Hi henryk,

I am not sure why you highlight "insufficient evidence either to confirm or rule out" theories that the jamming of the controls was cauised by sabotage."

There is insuffient evidence either to confirm or rule out an infinite number of alternative explanations, but this doesn't mean a single one of them has any weight.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Sometimes an accident is just an accident.

Cheers,

Sid.
I interpret the information to mean some evidence had been found specifically related to jamming of the controls, but it was not conclusive.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 29 May 2017 08:21

....or that there was not enough evidence to offer an opinion as to whether the controls really were jammed or not?

It does strike me that to try to bring down an aircraft at low altitude only seconds from the runway and within easy reach of rescue would be an unlikely and uncertain method to attempt an assassination. The aircraft floated upside down for long after the crash and there were a number of survivors as it was. It migh equally have floated the right way up with no fatalities if a luckier water landing had been managed.

Sid.

youngbruno

Post by youngbruno » 05 Jun 2017 15:02

Sid.
It is what it is - sometimes "truth is stranger than fiction". The guy in question was well trained in sabotage.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 06 Jun 2017 16:48

Hi youngbruno,

What "guy"?

The saying is actually "The truth can be stranger than fiction". It certainly can, but it is usually blander. Fiction requires imagination, not facts.

Cheers,

Sid

youngbruno

Post by youngbruno » 07 Jun 2017 23:56

Hi Sid
Please pm me i have something i can show you.

Cheers

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 08 Jun 2017 09:55

Hi youngbruno,

I will, but my In and Out PMs are both full and I need to do some weeding out first.

Cheers,

Sid.

gebhk

Post by gebhk » 08 Jun 2017 18:53

Alternatively the centre of gravity corrector was not reset after the aircraft was refueled, which would have produced exactly the effects observed. A cause of similar disasters in a number of these aircraft. But what the 'eck, how boring would that be...... Central Park, hoofbeats, zebras.

youngbruno

Post by youngbruno » 12 Jun 2017 10:40

Yes gebhk you can guess and you havent a clue. Selected people have now read my MS including Henryk as I said 'Truth is stranger than fiction!'. It is what it is.

youngbruno

Post by youngbruno » 27 Jun 2017 06:54

Finally we are releasing a book called "To Live Well is to Hide Well" the true story behind the reason of why General Wladyslaw Sikorskis plane crashed at Gibraltar in 1943. You will find this link will allow you to obtain the book in electronic format https://tolivewellistohide.wixsite.com/book
First time in 73 years our family has allowed the reason to go public as stated before it is no accident and even investigators still today had no clue until now.

youngbruno

Post by youngbruno » 19 Jul 2017 02:09

As my book 'To Live Well is to Hide Well' is now published and up, many thanks to those in Aircraft and Polish History that have helped read my initial book and gave me the thumbs up. With endorsements by Garth Barnard who produced the TV Documentary Series 'Sikorskis Last Flight'. I believe they will be working on a final version to complete and correct the documentary.
Also a very special thanks to alot of the people from the Axis History Forum who have helped view my works and guide me.
The book was made to 'Correct History' as it was in error in my opinion what was done, however at the time during the frantic course of a crazy war desperate people do desperate things.

Return to “Poland 1919-1945”