Websites on Japanese Armed Forces

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.

wdgysin

Re: Websites on Japanese Armed Forces

Post by wdgysin » 28 Sep 2015, 04:29

Anyone now why the sakurataro database is not working? When I try to search something in the database it comes up with an error message.

chadhill

Post by chadhill » 06 Dec 2015, 05:18

Is anyone aware of any Japanese websites with information on Bataan or Corregidor? Thanks, Chad

wdgysin

Post by wdgysin » 06 Jan 2016, 04:03

Here is the website with the complete translation of Sensi Sosho Vol 3 The Invasion of the Dutch East Indies:
https://openaccess.leidenuniv.nl/handle/1887/35184

wdgysin

Post by wdgysin » 13 May 2016, 07:51

If anyone knows what happened to the Sakura Taro Data Base please inform the rest of us. I've been looking
all over the web and can't find it.

Luftflotte2

Post by Luftflotte2 » 09 Aug 2016, 18:48

wdgysin wrote:If anyone knows what happened to the Sakura Taro Data Base please inform the rest of us. I've been looking
all over the web and can't find it.
Do you have the website URL? If the page has been imaged you will find it on either http://archive.is/ or https://archive.org/

For the topic, a link to galleries of Japanese naval vessels. The images are nicely scanned.
http://kreiser.unoforum.pro/?0-15

hisashi

Post by hisashi » 08 Sep 2016, 20:35

Since 5 Sep jacar site had ceased under DDoS attack from overseas (as rumored), but in 8 Sep it came back. (all dates JST)

Eugen Pinak

Post by Eugen Pinak » 12 Sep 2016, 11:03

hisashi wrote:Since 5 Sep jacar site had ceased under DDoS attack from overseas (as rumored), but in 8 Sep it came back. (all dates JST)
Thank you for the information, Hisashi.
I wonder, what fool will DDoS web-site with archival documents???

wdgysin

Post by wdgysin » 07 Aug 2018, 04:09

The Sakura Taro Database is back online! This is an excellent source for units and commanders of the IJA.
http://sakurataro.org/メインページ

Eugen Pinak

Post by Eugen Pinak » 07 Aug 2018, 11:55

wdgysin wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 04:09
The Sakura Taro Database is back online! This is an excellent source for units and commanders of the IJA.
http://sakurataro.org/メインページ
Thank you for bringing good news. That's a useful site.

Shane6969

Post by Shane6969 » 17 Jan 2020, 07:18

Here is the new and current link to my IJN Submarine website:

http://www.ijnsubsite.info/

Cheers,

Steve

hisashi

Post by hisashi » 02 Oct 2021, 04:10

I abolished my site on IJA and IJN.

In Japan I am mainly known as the author of what-if novel on WWII Europe. My contents on IJA and IJN was a part of my site, dealing with various topics from WWII axis history to my novels, original and fan arts to Japanese animation programs. More than a decade ago, a person made a comment to my short message function on my page, insulting my animation fan arts and their readers, and demanded me to expand IJA and IJN contents. I declared that I would add no more contents on IJA and IJN seeing that insult. The person apparently set some automatic script so that I received a carpet bombing of nonsense messages via short message function, saying 'Good Blog Sites!' or so. It broke down my way to get any response from readers of my works.

By the way, the site managing firm recently went wrong. It is rumored the owner-president abandoned the deteriorating server business and spent all his time to new business on pizza-cooking car kitchen. I ended my contract in the last month and moved to new rental wiki system, carrying in only WWII contents. I moved my original novels to a novel-posting site. Now nearing to the end of my life, I wiped out all other contents.

After my retirement in the last spring, I published two short DTP articles on WWII & Prussian army formations and small-group tactics, along with an online novel on Germany 1919-1945, still long long way to finish. I decided to put all my time to what I'd like to spend, as far as left to me, as you do. Von voyage for your seeking; it is not mine.

Eugen Pinak

Post by Eugen Pinak » 04 Oct 2021, 12:16

hisashi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 04:10
It's a pity. Your site was a great "starter pack" to know Japanese military.
But it's your decision and I'm sure everybody will respect it. I wish you good luck with your writings.
And once again I want to thank you for all the help you've provided to the researchers of the Japanese military on this forum :thumbsup:

BTW, if it's possible, and you post or sent a link to your articles on WWII & Prussian army formations and small-group tactics? I'm really interested in unit organization, and it will be interesting to read Japanese point of view on this topic.

ShindenKai

Post by ShindenKai » 23 Aug 2022, 21:09

hisashi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 04:10

In Japan I am mainly known as the author of what-if novel on WWII Europe. My contents on IJA and IJN was a part of my site, dealing with various topics from WWII axis history to my novels, original and fan arts to Japanese animation programs. More than a decade ago, a person made a comment to my short message function on my page, insulting my animation fan arts and their readers, and demanded me to expand IJA and IJN contents. I declared that I would add no more contents on IJA and IJN seeing that insult. The person apparently set some automatic script so that I received a carpet bombing of nonsense messages via short message function, saying 'Good Blog Sites!' or so. It broke down my way to get any response from readers of my works.

By the way, the site managing firm recently went wrong. It is rumored the owner-president abandoned the deteriorating server business and spent all his time to new business on pizza-cooking car kitchen. I ended my contract in the last month and moved to new rental wiki system, carrying in only WWII contents. I moved my original novels to a novel-posting site. Now nearing to the end of my life, I wiped out all other contents.

After my retirement in the last spring, I published two short DTP articles on WWII & Prussian army formations and small-group tactics, along with an online novel on Germany 1919-1945, still long long way to finish. I decided to put all my time to what I'd like to spend, as far as left to me, as you do. Von voyage for your seeking; it is not mine.
Very sorry to hear that, also wish I'd discovered your site before that happened, as I never got to enjoy it. A real shame. Best wishes to you & yours on all your future endeavors.

tom!

Post by tom! » 07 Nov 2022, 16:22

Hi.

I´m moving my website to another server at the moment. I hope the actual security issues with my pics will be history after that. But due to the change it´s possible that my website will be unavaillable for some days. Just be patient I will be back......

Yours

tom! ;)

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”