Illegal Firearms & Destructive Devices

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Drew Maynard

Illegal Firearms & Destructive Devices

Post by Drew Maynard » 09 Mar 2006, 02:20

Gents, Ladies:

I have locked down the ridiculous unsafe post on the Benelli/Panzerfaust. In the recent days, we've had a variety of posts hedging on the illegal and self-indicting: Underage possession/illegal possession of firearms and now adamant intent to create Class 2/3 devices from home workshops.

Please. This is a warning.

Do your research on firearms posession in your state/province/country. Do not put yourself in a position to 'take the fifth.'

I don't want to hear any stories of asinine creations and foolhardy attempts by the uninformed to get a strip of silver on their arm for creating an unsafe, illogical weapon with their dad's Ithaca and a pile of sheet steel.

For those of you in established, reputable units, you'll understand where i'm coming from. We don't need your enthusiastic albeit altruistic ideas of making projectiles to appear on a 'Urban Myth' or in some newspaper because you haven't asked around before you hit the 'new post' button.

No one needs to be hurt. No one needs to spend their well earned monies on a lawyer for stupid ideas. Nor do we want to give anyone ammunition (pardon the pun) to do so to each other.

Please, please, please. Do your research and talk to others in your unit, or join a reputable one before you try and create your own backwoods version of Steyr Mannlicher. For those of you new to the hobby, this especially concerns you.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, about this post.

Bottom line- ask, don't be stupid and be safe. Further posts of illegal constructions or motives or unsafe methods will be locked down.

Regards

Drew
Last edited by Drew Maynard on 28 Mar 2006, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

pzrwest

right on

Post by pzrwest » 09 Mar 2006, 06:51

I was going to be quite blunt and ask if he was out of his mind for even thinking of doing what he was going to do but glad we have moderators who do theit job keep up the good work Drew you are appreciated

Gesetz

Post by Gesetz » 09 Mar 2006, 06:56

All hail the Drew!!!! Keep up the good work mod!

Angus Young

Post by Angus Young » 09 Mar 2006, 13:05

Yeah, good work, Drew! :)
I was quite worried about that Panzerfaust-thread, it sounded like a complete suicide-plan.
I would never try or even think of such an idea.
/ Andreas

moses

Post by moses » 09 Mar 2006, 14:04

didn't someone else have a similar thread a few months ago? about using black powder in a homemade panzerschreck or something. i'm amazed how nonchalant some people seem to be with explosives. the ATF doesn't regulate these things JUST because of feinstein, they are actually dangerous, you know :)

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 09 Mar 2006, 16:54

I was noticing ignorance of one of the "trinity rules" of firearms safety, that they are not "toys"
(the other two rules are that all are loaded, and knowing when NOT to use them). :o

Von Schwerin

Post by Von Schwerin » 14 Mar 2006, 14:23

Dear Sirs
I have recently acquired 4kg of weapons grade plutonium. Instead of it sitting there illuminating my garage, I would like to marry it up with an old propane cylinder and build a tactical device for use in re-enactments. I have calculated the yield to be below the .5Kt threshold due to the low grade of this buckshee bandit OstBloc surplus stuff and as such this could be considered a battlefiled simulator.
Do any of you know where I can find plans, drawings or calculations on a web site (that is not in Arabic)?

I figured if I built it, I could persuade a commercial domestic airline to sponsor me for the drop..... Several companies are already lined up due to the huge publicity value this would generate.

I have been re-enacting for 20 years but recently took a 10 year break. This was due to my last project going horribly wrong - The Sarin was only mean to be diluted and cause mild irritation..... This re-enactment was cancelled due to the emergency services steaming in and ruining it halfway through. The judge did say he accepted that I was only indulging in a fantasy and as a result I was not jailed. The nurses where I stayed were all very kind to me and I got lots of different coloured pills and liquids each day. This spiced up meal times no end and made me feel much clamer.

BTW - Does anyone know how to make napalm? I have applied to join a Vietnam group....... 8O

ON a serious note - I agree totally with the moderator's sentiment. I have posted much information in the past. I always post a disclaimer and a warning to CHECK first in your country/state/county etc. BEFORE embarking on a project. All my posts are for controlled simulations No missile or pyrotechnic ought to be launched thrown or otherwise projected unless in a STRCITLY controlled environment. we always conduct a risk assessment prior to execution of any project and we minimise risks found. As a result of this last lunatic posting - I will not publicly pass on any information of this type again. I am willing to engage in an exchange of ideas and information by PM but only with people I trust and am sure are bona fide re-enactors wishing to improve the quality of their displays and presentations. That's my bit for World Peace guys.

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 14 Mar 2006, 19:19

Which is why I posted a (short lived) link to a thread on another board last year, that featured step by step instructions as to how to make one of the aforementioned devices. The link not only included the instructions - as formulated by a raving madman who was woefully ignorant of the physicis of firearms engineering - but, it also included the "after" jpg of the shredded Panzerfaust.

That photo should have been a warning to all basement armorers.

P.S. von Schwerin - You need mix only equal parts of bear grease, weasel sweat, Preparation H and a McDonald's shamrock shake to effect the desired napalm you seek.

deathdealerdelta

Post by deathdealerdelta » 01 Apr 2006, 09:12

post deleted due to illegal instructions posted against the instructions of this thread.

_moderator

ChristopherPerrien

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 01 Apr 2006, 21:01

As of 9/11 and the vast increase in massively expensive anti-terrorism efforts by the US Government, I would imagine any use ,possession, or attempted possession of any sort of pyro-technic or explosive device/chemical, or instructions/directions to the same could get you investigated or arrested pretty quick. Combine this with an interest in Confederate or Nazi memorabilia, and you might begin to see where our hugh and highly efficient :wink: police agencies might soon be kicking down the door of your "terrorist hide-out" looking for OSAMA, somewhere in the middle of America :roll: .

So be careful, and stay away from bombs, they are not nearly as PC as they were when I was a kid :) , and who would want all their stuff confiscated and a lovely get-away vacation at Quantanamo bay until they possibly figure out you are a re-enactor and not some nazi/klan/terrorist nut.

High Guys, my first visit and post in this section, hope I ain't too off the wall.

moses

Post by moses » 01 Apr 2006, 23:07

deathdealerdelta wrote:post deleted due to illegal instructions posted against the instructions of this thread.

_moderator
i guess deathdealerdelta has an appropriate name :)

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 03 Apr 2006, 15:50

Regardless, it was quite instructional and a bit humorous in a dark sort of way. It featured Joe teenage reenactor who documented his efforts fashion his own Panzerfaust from ambitious start to smoking shredded finish.

Tsunami Bomb

Post by Tsunami Bomb » 09 Apr 2006, 08:22

Do you not think I can hear it?
Im sorry the post was out of line.

pzrwest

another dangerous project

Post by pzrwest » 06 Jun 2006, 01:06

Thanks moderators for locking the grenade posting. Again another potential project that could be leathal!!!!. In my opinion these types of things should be left to qualified licensed people who are trained in the use of explosive chemicals etc. Just think how a person would feel if one of their devices happened cause injury to someone let alone the legal end of it. And another thing with the arrest of some individuals in Toronto Ontario Canada for plotting to create explosive devices be sad if the re-enacting came under scrutiny because a few individuals were charged for creating explosive devices we are have enough trouble with people as it is because we portray german soldiers. This is just my opinion

jugendkrieger

Post by jugendkrieger » 06 Jun 2006, 01:50

:)
Last edited by jugendkrieger on 13 Jun 2006, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Reenactment”